Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking team performance second half. And for the first 25 minutes. We were lucky at times, certainly to be level at half time and then they might have had a pen late on (though it was less of a foul than the shove on DCL that wasn't given).

What amazed me is how much effort the players put in given the fixture list. Richarlison in particular was incredible. DCL too. Don't know what they are feeding these boys at Finch Farm like.

Great away performance there. Carlo switching it around when we needed with Delph in the middle was in stark contrast to Silva lashing strikers on in panic mode.
Sidibes push on Caroll was really dumb though. Could/Should have cost us.

Hard to pick a MOM but I’m giving it to DCL, runs all day long scored two important goals and never gave their CB’s time on the ball. Special mention goes to Richarlison and Holgate who ran him very close. Absolutely chuffed with that performance overall....have a good remainder of your weekend blues and a happy new year, because I certainly will.

Brilliant win which was fully deserved given that we were on the front foot for most of the game.

Standout performers were DCL, Richy, and Holgate who has now proved he can play anywhere along the back 4.

Top marks go to the gaffer though for the Delph sub which won the game and his organisation and tactics throughout.

His 2 games so far have shown that from now on we will be a match for anyone. Exciting times ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.