Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is a Goodison they didn't look the "bang average" team.We,at the minimum need to put in the same amount of effort as the Derby,if we do a result should come.
We wasted that game by starting Tosun for some unknown reason.

I'm looking forward to this. Will be a "live' Sunday afternoon game for me with a few beers thrown in.
I thought when we went 2-0 against Cardiff the confidence flowed back and we played with a swagger. Last 15-20 minutes in the derby (especially with Richarlison and Gomes on) I thought the same, and we could go on and win it. The confidence seems to be coming back. I'll be sitting down Sunday quietly (or not) expecting a good performance and 3 points.

Newcastle are virtually safe (probably one more win for them and a couple of draws will likely do it) so I wouldn't be surprised if they lack a bit of intensity against us. We would have gained a huge amount of confidence from the Cardiff win and the performance in the derby, so I'm expecting an Everton win.

Never, ever, write off an "Everton, that" moment though.

Their new wonder kid Longstaff is out with a knee injury.

I don't rate him but they're desperate to have a great academy player and I don't recall a single one

A must win for any kind of momentum build or we're back to square one, or square minus 5

Need to score first really. If we do then I reckon we'll either win or get a point at the very least

The thing I'm least looking forward to is the giant staircase I'll have to travail up to the away end. Had an asthma attack the last time I went up those, which caused me to miss Rooney's goal (n)

@Allezfan was kind enough to wait with me on the staircase to make sure I didn't die, which was nice of him

Will have to get there early on Saturday so I can climb up slowly lol

If we get beat or in fact fail to win convincingly I want Silva gone still. If he can get a win I will allow him more time to change my opinion on him. That said, I really think we need to be taking bigger points from our big home games left to play. It is not an excuse for him to "need more time". He needs to deliver with his 300m squad. 0-0 draws at home against Liverpool and not even testing their goalkeeper and simply not enough.

Some rewriting of history about that Newcastle home game going on. We battered them for about 80 minutes and then they had a couple of chances on the counter at the end that made it look like they could have won. We should've been at least 3 up by half-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.