Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford made a silly, silly mistake which perhaps should have been punished with a red card (according to FA rules). More than made up for it since with two great saves.

Digne been class and our other defenders not troubled.

Gueye quietly effective, Gomes having a stormer controlling the game with ease.

Bernard having his best performance for us and Richarlison doing fantastic to get in the vital areas from out wide.

Sigurdsson tidy and DCL flowing with confidence.

Makes you wonder, how has it gone so wrong so often this season?

Finish these, boys.

Sure, we've rode our luck at times but we've been clinical, and significantly - we've got stuck in.

Great to see.

Their players are losing their head, their fans are turning - top teams use that to their advantage. Hate the phrase 'game management' but intrigued to see how we get on this half...

Sure, we've rode our luck at times but we've been clinical, and significantly - we've got stuck in.

Great to see.

Their players are losing their head, their fans are turning - top teams use that to their advantage. Hate the phrase 'game management' but intrigued to see how we get on this half...

Rode our luck?

We put a saddle on it and gave it a name.

NEA DOH

Great half by the blues. Playing with confidence, good game management, plenty of skill particularly from Gomes and Bernard, look a threat everytime they go forward and have got Newcastle increasingly frustrated and acting like dicks which is exactly what you want. All we need to do in the 2nd half is exactly the same as the 1st half and the game will be ours.

Impressive from the blues so far. Keep it up lads.

Newcastle won’t finish this with 11 men
That's what was going through my mind. It is imperative that we come out and stay tight at the back, subdue Newcastle and get into their heads.

The fans are already worked up, which could work to their advantage or disadvantage, so if we can force them to make mistakes then it could help us a lot.

We've had a big slice of fortune, Pickford should be off to be honest, and shouldn't have been on to save the pen.

But, Pickford was the one who dropped the clanger, realistically they've created one chance apart from his complete cock up. Great save from Perez too btw.

I think we've been utterly terrific on the ball, gomes, Gana, digne and Bernard so so impressive and making fantastic use of a big pitch. We can score so many here if we want to but still be cautious that this game isn't over.

Pickford should definitely have a yellow, wasn't a red for me but I knew he'd save, just had full confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.