Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....sublime header by DCL. I keep saying he has everything to be an outstanding scorer of headed goals. Tremendous young player to have available, just hope the folk who say ‘send him on loan to the Championship’ realise that folly.

The team look like they’re enjoying themselves, similar to how they were for a period earlier in the season. Digne and Bernard linking well, Richarlison popping up where it matters and Gueye/Gomes axis playing well.

Not much today about Pickford, he’s a fine shot stopper but he simply can’t be trusted.

Fake news!
True news! Probably best I've ever seen him. Could have ruined the game and sent off Pickford but deemed a penalty punishment enough. Hasn't forced unnecessary pauses in the game with their players being 'injured' and us not putting the ball out. Has allowed some strong challenges. Well done ref. Now give us a pen.

I thought they weren’t gonna send goalkeepers off this season if they give a pen away ? As it’s double whammy ? Get another now and push on !

Good 1st half and I feel we could punish them further. Jonjo has been a mixed bag but expected especially when he only knew 20 mins before the game that he was playing. His tackling has been great but needs to not dally on the ball in his own half as he has been dispossessed twice. He didn't read our back line well when they went through on goal. I am sure he will sort himself out 2nd half. For an away team we have been excellent and Bernard skills have been sublime. We are still working hard and trying to play football which is pleasing. Only upset with Pickfords silly mistake but he rectified himself. We are mid-table due to silly mistakes but we seem to have improved in that respect.

The commentary on the stream I’m watching reckons it should only have been a yellow, tend to agree tbh. I’m a fan of Pickford but really hope he can cut these silly mistakes out.

I thought they weren’t gonna send goalkeepers off this season if they give a pen away ? As it’s double whammy ? Get another now and push on !
I think that's if it's an honest foul. If the ref has deemed Pickford to have deliberately taken their player down it should have been a red. He didn't seem interested in getting the ball. I say we're lucky he was kept on. Watch the FA ban him now for the referee "getting it wrong".

Status
Not open for further replies.