Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael keeps it tight at the back and gets men behind the ball. I think we have the players to unpick them. Need to use the width and make sure we’re not vulnerable to the counter. Always the danger of after the Lord Mayors show.

Have the relegation duffers come out from under the settee? They will have to wait until next season before reopening that theme. Its all gone quiet.
A few bed-wetters who couldn't see us getting another point all season. 4 points in 2 games has seen them off. We were always going to finish top half.
Quite looking forward to this game. I reckon we will play with a lot more confidence than we have been.

I definitely wouldn't mess with the backline or deep midfield after two straight clean sheets. Up top is tougher because we still have massive chance creation problems and aside from giving Lookman another go or Walcott/Richarlison suddenly finding the ability to link up with teammates we have no solutions to those problems. Bernard, despite only creating a decent chance once every 3 or 4 games, has to start just because it might happen for him. The summer window really needs to bring in attacking players who aren't just looking to get on the end of chances like Tosun, DCL, Richarlison, Sigurdsson and Walcott all do. We badly need consistent chance creation.

I definitely wouldn't mess with the backline or deep midfield after two straight clean sheets. Up top is tougher because we still have massive chance creation problems and aside from giving Lookman another go or Walcott/Richarlison suddenly finding the ability to link up with teammates we have no solutions to those problems. Bernard, despite only creating a decent chance once every 3 or 4 games, has to start just because it might happen for him. The summer window really needs to bring in attacking players who aren't just looking to get on the end of chances like Tosun, DCL, Richarlison, Sigurdsson and Walcott all do. We badly need consistent chance creation.
It was only a small sample size, but I thought Richarlison infront of Coleman on the right looked like it had potential

It was only a small sample size, but I thought Richarlison infront of Coleman on the right looked like it had potential
We've been so bad lately that there really is no reason to not try different things like that. Obviously Sigurdsson has been quite good this year but as a whole our attack has struggled to the point that no one should be automatically in the team. Dowell should have gotten a chance somewhere. I'd like to see Lookman again at some point too. Just try different things when what we have done isn't cutting it.

the team that finished the game minus Tosun for DCL

Richarlison and coleman and Bernard and digne looked to have good link up, need to build on that

What’s the thinking of starting Cenk - expecting us to have them well under the cosh or something? Would start DCL again tbh - thought he did a job yesterday, ran his hind legs off, often dropping quite deep and even managed a goal against Cardiff, so not seeing much justification in dropping him. He could do with all the shooting practice he can get ;)

One more win and the boys can officially put their flip-flops on....2-1 to the bluenoses. Season over, bring on the summer transfer window and the fire sale we so desperately need.

Status
Not open for further replies.