Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think your ambition/drive would be different today vs back then? Awful lot of money in the game these days.

...no, definitely not. It was just never for me even when there was a big fuss when this club took me out of school one day to sign. I realise now, it was the uncertainty. I wanted stability in my life. I have absolutely no regrets, life turned out great. Sadly, some of the lads I know who had careers in the game have not had things so good.

.....wow, to put the record straight I signed for a top flight club and played for four years or so but never signed pro. I had no ambition or drive where a footy career was concerned, but I had a decent schoolboy/youth profile and did score plenty of goals.

I played with and against many who went on to be top flight professionals and internationals. Good times, but a long time ago.
Did anyone make it to the top that you were surprised made it based on what you seen at the time

Substitution sent all the wrong messages...

Pickford was an embarrassment...

Shambolic decision not to give offside on the winning goal was shameful...

We seem to be on the wrong end of a lot of decisions this year roll on var...

.....wow, to put the record straight I signed for a top flight club and played for four years or so but never signed pro. I had no ambition or drive where a footy career was concerned, but I had a decent schoolboy/youth profile and did score plenty of goals.

I played with and against many who went on to be top flight professionals and internationals. Good times, but a long time ago.
And there was @AndyC making out that you are The Latch lol

I’m getting really close to being done with them .

If we’d hung on and won yesterday we’d have faced Chelsea as a team full of confidence going in the right direction and I think the crowd would have been right up for it . After the result yesterday I think we’re back to we’re we started , unhappy club and fan base . It’s just nightmare and like a lot of us I’m getting completely fed up with it

On reflection re Saturday,and having watched the game in full, I think that the main problem was this...and Evertonians may not agree. I think that Silva was out-managed by Rafael. From half time Newcastle went to a flat back four, and this seemed to nullify our attacking options, making Bernard a lot less effective and having both our wingers forced to track back,leaving more room in the middle of the park for Newcastle to play their game. THey are on a roll at home and they play for each other,they always give themselves a chance.And they have got a large crowd behind them. Silva does not yet have enough of the right personel to counter when the opposition changes tactics...his subs are mostly like for likes and there is no one on the bench he can put on to change the way we play. Hopefully next season he will have. Rafael knows what hes doing and he posed questions that Silva could not answer. Mina getting on the pitch was a mistake, and pretty pointless.

On reflection re Saturday,and having watched the game in full, I think that the main problem was this...and Evertonians may not agree. I think that Silva was out-managed by Rafael. From half time Newcastle went to a flat back four, and this seemed to nullify our attacking options, making Bernard a lot less effective and having both our wingers forced to track back,leaving more room in the middle of the park for Newcastle to play their game. THey are on a roll at home and they play for each other,they always give themselves a chance.And they have got a large crowd behind them. Silva does not yet have enough of the right personel to counter when the opposition changes tactics...his subs are mostly like for likes and there is no one on the bench he can put on to change the way we play. Hopefully next season he will have. Rafael knows what hes doing and he posed questions that Silva could not answer. Mina getting on the pitch was a mistake, and pretty pointless.
Rafael is a very good manager, just at a crap club, Silva is a clueless pathetic manager, at a club that was once great but thankfully not as crap as Newcastle...yet

Seriously, finding out about Eggs career so outshines talking about Marco Silva and his shower.

Proud again.

GOT to the rescue!

Status
Not open for further replies.