New shirt sponsors

Who would you like to see sponsor us next?

• USM

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • MEGAFON

Votes: 64 13.0%
  • NEC

Votes: 66 13.4%
  • AMAZON

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • APPLE

Votes: 17 3.4%
  • NEA

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • DAIRYLEA

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • DAVEK

Votes: 55 11.1%
  • GOT

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • THE ONE WHO PAYS THE MOST

Votes: 189 38.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit crazy really. There's a thread elsewhere about the 'big six' and that it's silly, yet each of those clubs commands £40 million per year for their shirt sponsor. Taking Sunderland aside, no other club gets more than £10 million per year.

It's the same with kit deals, with those six clubs earning at least 5x what Everton earn per year for their kit deals.
That could all change shortly
If 6 clubs can get 40 m well that is setting fair market value as far as I am concerned

I'd rather not have anything USM-related on the shirt.

It would just mean that we are becoming lazy in sourcing outside sponsorship at a time when we have to be much more effective in generating revenue organically and provide legroom for FFP.

Abramovich has never gone along with providing direct or indirect sponsorship at Chelsea if I'm correct, though he has done wih Russian clubs in the same sort of way USM now do with us.

Clearly we are not attractive and/or prominent enough to attract real "brand" sponsorship as I think in that market, the companies are bold enough to make the first move and not wait to be asked.

I would just like to have a sponsor with at least some brand recognition and/or quality and reputation.

But it wouldn't be difficult to improve on Sports Pesa, I do hope a gambling sponsorship ban is enforced in the near future.

I thought it was very interesting to read recently that BP, despite making overtures, couldn't find clubs to sponsor. I'm not sure in what countries/sports markets, but I found that remarkable. There may be questions regarding sustainability and climate change that would raise eyebrows, but I would have no problem whatsoever with BP on the shirt.

Don't agree with you here. USM can sponsor us for a fee close to the best clubs in the world. So lazy or not our finances will be best off with usm sponsoring us and therefore gives us more firepower in the transfer market. Noone else would give us even close to what usm can offer and the purpose of usm sponsoring us would be in their current best interest (usmanov moshiri) of making everton great again

I see a lot of votes for whoever pays the most, but I've seen a number of people say they didn't like having a gambling company as a sponsor.
If we had a choice of 3 companies, one very respectable but not offering a lot, one unrespectable but offering the most, and one in the middle, who would you prefer?

Do you have a hat?
haha, no, but let’s put it this way.
SportPesa were a decent sponsor giving us decent money. Around 7-9mill a year.
We haven’t exactly progressed on the field since that deal was made.
so I wouldn’t expect anyone else to come in and offer us much more........except, an Usmanov company.

if this deal hasn’t been cut short on the back of usmanov pumping more money into our club, I’d not only be surprised, but it would be a massive risk from us to gamble on securing a deal of at least the same level at sportpesa.

P
I see a lot of votes for whoever pays the most, but I've seen a number of people say they didn't like having a gambling company as a sponsor.
If we had a choice of 3 companies, one very respectable but not offering a lot, one unrespectable but offering the most, and one in the middle, who would you prefer?

people can have their preferences and are absolutely entitled to them, but, if we are to progress, to be able to up our wages in order to at least match the likes of Spurs and Arsenal, then we need bigger shirt sponsor deals. If top 4 are on £40 mill a season, and we stay on £9mill, how does anyone think we can match those wages and comply with FFP rules ??

No comment
Screenshot_2020-02-17-15-19-49-141_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Oi @Zezti get ye soddin poll out of my poll you poll polluter :bye:

Don't agree with you here. USM can sponsor us for a fee close to the best clubs in the world. So lazy or not our finances will be best off with usm sponsoring us and therefore gives us more firepower in the transfer market. Noone else would give us even close to what usm can offer and the purpose of usm sponsoring us would be in their current best interest (usmanov moshiri) of making everton great again

It's a point, but as I see it there will be a finite amount of money from USM under the current restrictions and having other revenue will add to the overall pot and is more sustainable long-term.

I don't think either way that if the sponsor is going to be USM or a subsidiary its going to be for an amount hugely in excess of what we already bring in, but granted more money is a better deal, and its Sports Pesa off the shirt.

All told, I'd just prefer us to not to be reliant on them for practically everything if they are going to be contributing anyway.

Whoever pays the most.

Ideally a child soldier company in Nigeria or somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.