New PL rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fouling intentionally to stop counter attacks is becoming an epidemic and something like a sin bin might stop it. The problem is you have players like Fernandinho who should have about 25 yellows this year but instead are constantly given the benefit of the doubt because of who they play for. I just see it turning into another way to favor the "Big 6."
Your spot on with the Fernandinho thing, the thing with city is that they constantly foul to brake up play but it's not only Fernandinho they all do it it make it difficult to pin it on one player. In rugby the ref can sin bin a player for the team constantly fouling and it could be his first foul, the ref warns the captain that the team are on a warning and the next player to foul will be sin binned, not sure if it'll work in footie but might be worth a try.

I'd like to know a serious response as to why this hasn't been adopted.

I think it was something to do with the language you would hear, Personally I think if they clamped down on any abuse (a la rugby) and started dishing cards out then they'd get rid of it in 2 seasons You would get some silly 10 v 9 games early on but its a small price to pay to rid it from the game.

Yes!

I sometimes count up to 15 seconds when goalkeepers have the ball in their hands. The most I've ever seen a referee do is wave their hands to hurry them up. The only yellows I have seen given are for taking too long on goal kicks.

There should be a five-second rule once the whistle is blown to take the goal kick, and 8 seconds once ball is in goalkeeper's hands; if he doesn't release it then the following should apply:
  1. First offence, verbal warning given, no additional time added on
  2. Second offence, indirect free kick, no additional time added on, but no yellow card (as outfield players are allowed numerous fouls before they are carded)
  3. Third offence, indirect free kick, yellow card, 30 seconds onto additional time [as the GK is clearly taking the P by this point]
  4. Fourth offence, indirect free kick, second yellow card, sending off, further 30 seconds onto additional time end of the half [GK has shown a flagrant disregard for the rules having had three chances already to speed things up]
That would allow the goalkeeper two chances to learn from his mistake before he is carded, yet give the opposition an advantage after just the second offence (free kick).

I would give goalkeepers three chances to speed up their goal kicks.
  1. First offence (taking too long) referee signals with his hands to hurry up
  2. Second offence is a verbal warning and 30 seconds time added on
  3. Third offence, yellow card and an additional 1 minute added on
  4. Fourth offence, second yellow card given, sending off, further 1 minute added
I'd kin love to be on the FA making up rules.
Ref could just stop his watch once the ball has been returned to the keeper/placed/after 6 seconds. Seems simpler! :p

Rugby has a number of good examples worth following. If a player goes down clutching his face or head and stays down then he clearly could be seriously injured, sohas to be replaced for 10 minutes while a Head Injury Assssment takes place. I suspect the numbers of such events would drop dramatically.
If they were to copy anything rugby does I'd like to see physios and club medics allowed on to treat an injured player while play continues, kill 2 birds with one stone it will put a stop to players going down to get play stopped, and seriously injured players get quicker attention.

New rules for next season
https://talksport.com/football/5466...rsenal-chelsea-liverpool-tottenham-man-city/#

Handballs
If the ball hits an attacker’s arm during the build-up to a goal it will be disallowed regardless if it was accidental or otherwise.

Free kicks
An attacking player is no longer allowed in the wall at free kicks and opponent players must stand at least a metre away.

Penalty kicks
The goalkeepers must have one foot on the line while the penalty is being taken.
And ‘keepers are also no longer allowed to touch the posts before the kick.

Cards for coaches
Coaches will now be punished the same way as players with referees allowed to brandish yellow and red cards to off-field staff.

Drop balls
Old fashioned drop balls will NOT be used any more and now the giving the ball back to the last team in possession will be the formality.

Substitutions
Whenever a player is substituted, they must exit the field at the nearest point.
This has been introduced to stop players on the opposite side of the pitch walking to the far dugout late on in games.

https://talksport.com/football/5466...rsenal-chelsea-liverpool-tottenham-man-city/#

Handballs
If the ball hits an attacker’s arm during the build-up to a goal it will be disallowed regardless if it was accidental or otherwise.

Free kicks
An attacking player is no longer allowed in the wall at free kicks and opponent players must stand at least a metre away.

Penalty kicks
The goalkeepers must have one foot on the line while the penalty is being taken.

Cards for coaches
Coaches will now be punished the same way as players with referees allowed to brandish yellow and red cards to off-field staff.

Drop balls
Old fashioned drop balls will NOT be used any more and now the giving the ball back to the last team in possession will be the formality.

Substitutions
Whenever a player is substituted, they must exit the field at the nearest point.
This has been introduced to stop players on the opposite side of the pitch walking to the far dugout late on in games.
Are these real?

How about goals outside the area being worth double in the league? Might have changed the whole title race last season I believe.

I think it was something to do with the language you would hear, Personally I think if they clamped down on any abuse (a la rugby) and started dishing cards out then they'd get rid of it in 2 seasons You would get some silly 10 v 9 games early on but its a small price to pay to rid it from the game.
I've heard the same about the language issue and agree. I think another reason is they don't want the public hearing anguished comments from rs* players like:
"Ref? Ref! Remember the script?"
Or "we paid you for this?"

*or any other favoured team of the season

Handballs

Free kicks

Penalty kicks

Cards for coaches

Drop balls

Substitutions
That handball thing, although I agree with any clampdown on creating, isn't well thought out.

How far back does the build up go? A clearance marginally strikes a players hand just outside the box and trickles to a winger who breaks, does a few one-twos with a team-mate before chipping the keeper with a worldie.

The ref disallows the goal. Everyone goes - 'yeah that makes sense.' stop celebrating and and sits down again.

What's the point of continuing the attack?

Why not just blow the whistle at every accidental handball and ruin the game totally?

Refs will have a mental idea of how long back they let something pass, managers and players will be screaming why they didn't choose to notice the handball. Riot ensues. Opens another door for 'incentivised myopathy' in refs.

Also, how can football be corrupt and favour the "big 6" if we can all hear what they're saying?

i think if a player is really injured, head injuries or broken leg type of thing then you should get a free substituion. its not a tactical change but a forced change so I don't see how a team should be punished for that

Status
Not open for further replies.