Votes: 66 8.2%
  • Frank De Boer

Votes: 183 22.7%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 51 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
kenwright said he's generally on the same page as evertonians last time we needed a manager.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rtinez-not-the-only-candidate-for-everton-job

He said: "I will meet Roberto in the next 48 hours and he's on the list, as I've always said. No more than on the list.

"I said we'd be making a list, and Evertonians have been great as I indicated I thought they would be.

"They've certainly bombarded me with their thoughts and they're not a million miles away from mine.

"You always get the odd one that thinks he's got the only idea, and there are a few plumbers and electricians who think they can manage Everton, but in the main Evertonians and myself are sort of on the same page.

"The most gratifying thing is 90% of them said 'you didn't let us down last time, go with your gut instinct and hopefully you'll get it right again'.

"There's no way I or anyone can say 'we'll get the right man' but I certainly will put everything into getting it right and getting the right DNA for Everton Football Club. That's very important."

Pressed on whether Neil Lennon, Malky Mackay or Michael Laudrup were potential targets, Kenwright said: "There is a list. No favourite - not at this moment."

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan confirmed Martinez had decided to leave the DW Stadium after a meeting with the Spaniard on Tuesday, but insisted there would be a price to pay.

Whelan said: "He's still on a contract with us and there's 12 months left on that contract. He can be released from that contract but there'll be a little bit of compensation to pay for whichever club wants him.

"The amount is somewhere around £2m. To get a manager like Roberto, I think it's very cheap."

It's not his decision now thankfully

But I fear moshri likes Koeman

Come on Everton aim higher for once

I would rather have Sam Allardyce than some of the names mentioned. At least he can drill a defence. If Everton could do the simple things well they'd be top 6 with no signings.

In the last 20 years or so. About 8 managers have won the league.
2 of the winners from the last 4 years are out of a job. That seems like a good place to start.
Failing that. Get either a winner from another league or the next best available in this league.
So
Mourinho
Pellegrini
De Boer/Koeman
Spanish winner
Portuguese winner
Italian winner.

Well obviously I'd love Mourinho to come, but I'm pretty sure De Boer coming. Why else would he quit his job today after recently saying he'd "love" to manager us. I'd be pretty happy with that to be honest.

T he Nevilles anyone? young, English and are winners. Phil was the last
midfielder to show any fight for this club. They are young and eager to
make it in management and I think they would be great with the youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.