New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some sort of published schedule of when the re-sale tickets go up for sale, or do I just have to be perusing the regular ticketing website, trying to decide which post I’d like to sit behind, and maybe stumble upon some of the secondhand tickets?

Is there some sort of published schedule of when the re-sale tickets go up for sale, or do I just have to be perusing the regular ticketing website, trying to decide which post I’d like to sit behind, and maybe stumble upon some of the secondhand tickets?
Its a brutal set up tbh. SH was ideal for me personally to plan ahead when flights etc are involved

Its a brutal set up tbh. SH was ideal for me personally to plan ahead when flights etc are involved
No kidding. The interface was great, easy to use, could even search easily on my phone through the app, and as you said allowed for planning well ahead of time. The only small headache was that the only way to collect the tickets was by standing in line at that ticket office on the Bullens Rd on the day of the match, which could get pretty long if you didn't get there well in advance of kickoff.

No kidding. The interface was great, easy to use, could even search easily on my phone through the app, and as you said allowed for planning well ahead of time. The only small headache was that the only way to collect the tickets was by standing in line at that ticket office on the Bullens Rd on the day of the match, which could get pretty long if you didn't get there well in advance of kickoff.
I use to get to ground 2.59 so no real q and straight into my seat. I booked Watford for next month so need to wait and see what approach I take for 2 tkts needed. Don't want restricted but whats gonna be available on resale when they go . Should just be out up similar to SH and be done with it

When I heard StubHub had been binned I was glad but not now having heard the way the club is operating this new in-house system.

I might not be able to make the Burnley game but there's no guarantee I'll be able to sell my seat. Given it's an aisle seat in GT4 it generally sold quite quickly on StubHub the odd time I couldn't make games but I might not be able to even list it this time.

Never thought I'd say this but bring back StubHub!

Name another business that gives bulk discount, the refunds what you don’t use?

I didn’t watch Sky Sports this week. I’ll ask them for a refund.
I‘ve got half a packet of Jaffa Cakes here. Wonder if Tesco will sort me out…

Another idea would be if you don’t go to all/most games, don’t buy a season ticket.

Sky Sports don’t resell your unwatched subscription and Tesco don’t resell your uneaten food.

Sky Sports don’t resell your unwatched subscription and Tesco don’t resell your uneaten food.

I can see economics isn’t your strong suite. Or understanding a simple point.

You want all the benefits of the season ticket (discounted price, guaranteed big games), but don’t want to pay the price. You want a refund for the games you don’t use.

And you want the club to assist in selling for you... At the club’s expense and in competition with unsold tickets…

No wonder Everton FC annual gate receipts are circa £15M, while the Top 6 all £100M+

Maybe the club is waking up. Yes, we need a stadium with more corporate offers and food/drinks sales, but also also need to cut out this kind of thing.
I understand Liverpool have you nominate 3 family members who can use your ticket?

I’m sure the club will still refund you & sell it to someone who’ll use it properly.

I can see economics isn’t your strong suite. Or understanding a simple point.

You want all the benefits of the season ticket (discounted price, guaranteed big games), but don’t want to pay the price. You want a refund for the games you don’t use.

And you want the club to assist in selling for you... At the club’s expense and in competition with unsold tickets…

No wonder Everton FC annual gate receipts are circa £15M, while the Top 6 all £100M+

Maybe the club is waking up. Yes, we need a stadium with more corporate offers and food/drinks sales, but also also need to cut out this kind of thing.
I understand Liverpool have you nominate 3 family members who can use your ticket?

I’m sure the club will still refund you & sell it to someone who’ll use it properly.

You just used a bad analogy, there’s no need to be rude.

Our gate receipts being much lower than the top 6 has nothing to do with season ticket resale. It’s primarily as a result of us winning nothing for going on 30 years and playing in an aged stadium where half the attendees have great big posts in the way of their view.

Also, all of the top 6 don’t top £100m on gate receipts. Pre covid Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and City were all well below £100m.

I actually don’t want the club to assist me selling it at all. I wanted them to carry on using Stubhub, because it’s easier for fans all round. I’m advocating them using a system which would arguably make me less money back, and allow other fans to see matches for less too.

Man City’s ticket exchange allows tickets to be listed straight away, and fans receive the money in their bank account within 45 days. City obviously don’t know what they’re doing from a commercial perspective :oops:

I’m not sure why you’ve chosen this hill to die on defending the club for a shoddy system.

Last edited:
You just used a bad analogy, there’s no need to be rude.

Our gate receipts being much lower than the top 6 has nothing to do with season ticket resale. It’s primarily as a result of us winning nothing for going on 30 years and playing in an aged stadium where half the attendees have great big posts in the way of their view.

Also, all of the top 6 don’t top £100m on gate receipts. Pre covid Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and City were all well below £100m.

I actually don’t want the club to assist me selling it at all. I wanted them to carry on using Stubhub, because it’s easier for fans all round. I’m advocating them using a system which would arguably make me less money back, and allow other fans to see matches for less too.

Man City’s ticket exchange allows tickets to be listed straight away, and fans receive the money in their bank account within 45 days. City obviously don’t know what they’re doing from a commercial perspective :oops:

I’m not sure why you’ve chosen this hill to die on defending the club for a shoddy system.

The analogy was sound. You just failed or refused to understand it.

You say the new system is shoddy, because it doesn’t suit your selfish needs.

You decided to buy 19 games. Nobody forced you.
If you choose not to use them, you have the right to give them to family or friends.
Or sell them privately.
Or let the club re-sell them once they’ve sold out.

Or don’t buy a season ticket.

The analogy was sound. You just failed or refused to understand it.

You say the new system is shoddy, because it doesn’t suit your selfish needs.

You decided to buy 19 games. Nobody forced you.
If you choose not to use them, you have the right to give them to family or friends.
Or sell them privately.
Or let the club re-sell them once they’ve sold out.

Or don’t buy a season ticket.

Classic playing the man and not the ball response, characterising me as selfish, and choosing not to respond to the comment on your flawed points around gate receipts.

The system is shoddy, as has been pointed out by multiple people in this thread.

You’re not discussing this issue in good faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.