New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a point repeatedly about accessibility to tickets reducing year after year, and how this new system makes tickets less accessible.

Look at the below.

"Buy a membership for £30 odd quid for a chance to be able to buy a ticket"

Absolute nonsense.

1629968131968.png

Tom Rushton is talking rubbish, the club are giving him fair advice, but what the EFC tweet is correctly pointing out is he stands a better chance of getting a ticket if the travelling fan listens to what they have said.
It's not the clubs fault we have a lot of fans.

Out of curiosity I just checked the website for Burnley ticket availability, as I have used the "re-sale" platform for this game. As expected, none of the re-sale tickets appear to be available yet (mine are in the Park End and none are available in there), and there appears to be quite a lot of other available seats, especially as Burnley haven't taken their full allocation (loads of available tickets in the Upper Bullens away section).

At this rate I can see a lot of the re-sale tickets either not being sold, or worst still, not even being made available. Hopefully ticket sales will pick up nearer the date of the fixture.

All I know is that with StubHub, by now I would have sold my tickets and some other fan would have picked up a nice cheap ticket or 2. I literally see no-way in which this new system benefits match-going fans. Yeah, there may be a few more "face value" tickets available for the derby, but I can see a lot of STH selling their season tickets for that fixture privately anyway. Just bizarre that EFC have changed everything based on a few complaints based on a single fixture.

Tom Rushton is talking rubbish, the club are giving him fair advice, but what the EFC tweet is correctly pointing out is he stands a better chance of getting a ticket if the travelling fan listens to what they have said.
It's not the clubs fault we have a lot of fans.

Disagree mate.

That exchange aside - fans shouldn't have to buy a membership for the chance to be able to buy a ticket. We don't have any more fans than we did a few years ago when paid memberships weren't a thing.

The issue is the club have oversubscribed season tickets (we have more than the likes of Liverpool), and it's reduces accessibility to buying tickets which isn't a good thing.

With StubHub, fans could simply buy and do so in good time, more often than not they'd get them below face value.

Now - a fan who wants to go to one game is told to buy a membership to improve their chance? Pay for the chance of pre-sale? Pay to jump the queue when the tickets could be sold out anyway?

I think that's a shame.

It's important tickets are accessible - the club have sold 9/10 seats for the entire season before a ball is kicked - that isn't good for access to tickets, especially for a club who used to have the biggest walk up in the league.

We're not catering to fans who can only go the odd game.

That goes to this point;

Out of curiosity I just checked the website for Burnley ticket availability, as I have used the "re-sale" platform for this game. As expected, none of the re-sale tickets appear to be available yet (mine are in the Park End and none are available in there), and there appears to be quite a lot of other available seats, especially as Burnley haven't taken their full allocation (loads of available tickets in the Upper Bullens away section).

At this rate I can see a lot of the re-sale tickets either not being sold, or worst still, not even being made available. Hopefully ticket sales will pick up nearer the date of the fixture.

All I know is that with StubHub, by now I would have sold my tickets and some other fan would have picked up a nice cheap ticket or 2. I literally see no-way in which this new system benefits match-going fans. Yeah, there may be a few more "face value" tickets available for the derby, but I can see a lot of STH selling their season tickets for that fixture privately anyway. Just bizarre that EFC have changed everything based on a few complaints based on a single fixture.

Spot on Lee.

Ive got one of them print at home tickets for burnley on my phone. Do i have to print it or can i just show that? ?

Disagree mate.

That exchange aside - fans shouldn't have to buy a membership for the chance to be able to buy a ticket. We don't have any more fans than we did a few years ago when paid memberships weren't a thing.

The issue is the club have oversubscribed season tickets (we have more than the likes of Liverpool), and it's reduces accessibility to buying tickets which isn't a good thing.

With StubHub, fans could simply buy and do so in good time, more often than not they'd get them below face value.

Now - a fan who wants to go to one game is told to buy a membership to improve their chance? Pay for the chance of pre-sale? Pay to jump the queue when the tickets could be sold out anyway?

I think that's a shame.

It's important tickets are accessible - the club have sold 9/10 seats for the entire season before a ball is kicked - that isn't good for access to tickets, especially for a club who used to have the biggest walk up in the league.

That goes to this point;

Spot on Lee.
100% this. I live too far away from Goodison with too young a family to make a season ticket viable.

It's been so difficult to try and buy tickets for me and the kids in the family enclosure for a match that I've just given up trying. I'm left hoping for a third round FA Cup home tie against a non-glamorous side or a pre-season friendly just so I can share the Goodison experience with them.

There definitely are too many season tickets - and my chief worry about us going with a reduced capacity at Bramley Moore is that the situation won't improve much there, either.

The barrier to entry for non-season-ticket-holding fans is far too high.

I just bought a ticket for the Burnley game from the website. Would have been alot nicer to have the resales available as options were quite limited and not the best views.
I probably should have waited to see if the resales came online but I didn't want to risk it!
Stubhub was so much easier, all the previous games I attended using Stubhub gave me great views and loadss of choice on the cheap!

I added mine the other day. Its actually weird. You don't pick the games it automatically puts up the next one.
Anyway, in the faq it says they are going on sale at same time as the rest.

I had to list mine, my wife’s, and both my kid’s. Assumed I’d be able to do it all in one hit as A) I’m the lead purchaser of all the tickets and B) they’re on my Friends and Family list.

But oh no, I had to do mine, then log out and log in another 3 times using their login details and do them all separately. Was painful mate.

Ordered two tickets for the Burnley game a few hours ago, got a page showing my recent purchases + confirmation of the two tickets however haven’t received an email with the actual tickets yet. Bit of a pain not knowing whether it’s right to not have been sent them yet

It’s really poor and very clunky. I needed to list my son and daughters but not mine and my wife’s. The system only gave me the option to list mine. I contacted Fan Services on Twitter who said that as I was the lead person I should be able to view all and list any of them. I was advised to call the fan centre. After an hour on hold I got cut off as soon as I got through. I had to log on as my son to list his ticket and needed to reset my daughter’s password, however the link would not work. Fair play to fan services they then got someone to call me. They then listed my daughter’s ticket, and said they would email the data team to sort my daughter’s account out. However to date we’ve had no email to confirm her ticket has been listed and nothing from the data team to sort the account out. The reason they gave for not being able to view all tickets to list was teething troubles with the new system. A bit of a shambles really.

It’s really poor and very clunky. I needed to list my son and daughters but not mine and my wife’s. The system only gave me the option to list mine. I contacted Fan Services on Twitter who said that as I was the lead person I should be able to view all and list any of them. I was advised to call the fan centre. After an hour on hold I got cut off as soon as I got through. I had to log on as my son to list his ticket and needed to reset my daughter’s password, however the link would not work. Fair play to fan services they then got someone to call me. They then listed my daughter’s ticket, and said they would email the data team to sort my daughter’s account out. However to date we’ve had no email to confirm her ticket has been listed and nothing from the data team to sort the account out. The reason they gave for not being able to view all tickets to list was teething troubles with the new system. A bit of a shambles really.

Yeah same issue for me mate and others.

The lead person can't list any ticket other than their own. I hope they change that.

Disagree mate.

I think that's a shame.

That goes to this point;

Spot on Lee.
That's one thing that annoyed me, because a lot of those season tickets that we're sold when Koemann came in were kids season tickets, meaning if the adult who takes them the game couldn't go then you would end up with 2 or 3 seats empty.

The membership is an absolute joke, in the 2015/2016 season it was worth it as I could get the seats I wanted, before they went on general sale. Now it's pointless as the number of available seats is so low, that it's not worth it, stub hub actually gave you a chance of getting a cheap ticket for every other game, other than the derby. Being able to go on stub hub and get a £10 ticket for let's say Everton v Palace is far better than, spending nearly £40 for one.

It's like the RS, they were only against touting, because it was scallies around Anfield making money off it rather than them and if these idiots want to pay £300 for a ticket, then that's up to them. It's always been well known that RS who had season tickets have sold on their tickets for years, that's why every RS beaut from Speke, Huyton, Halewood, Netherley, or Kirkby who hardly every goes to the game miraculously get's tickets for big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.