New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I'd say a few abused stub hub, creating all the wrong headlines, quite often you would find seats at face or less.

Still, I'm really pleased the club have taken it in house.

This will probably affect me coming over from Ireland for the odd game, often picked up spares from Twitter and the likes.

Interesting how this works out

Really annoyed at this news tbh. I have been a season ticket holder for 6 years now, on average I can't make 3/4 games a season and I personally thought Stubhub was fantastic for listing tickets for the games I couldn't get to.

I always used to put them up for face value and they always went with no problems from either side - Someone get's a ticket for less than it would cost them from the club (and less hassle than dealing with the club themselves) and I would get the money back in my pocket - Win win....now the club want to sell the ticket on, but only if they haven't sold out already...and if they do sell my ticket I would only get a pro rata credit to use?!

Backwards step for me.

Stubhub was ok for those that didn't abuse it, I'd often sell midweek games like Burnley & Watford on there for a tenner or so if I couldn't go.

With COVID Everton very much have a right to want to know who is actually entering the ground and this will impact people who usually just pass their card on to others. It would've been good if there was an option to gift your season ticket free of charge to someone on your friend & family list like they do at Spurs for an individual match so at least they've got the right name on ticket. Also if the same happens with away tickets like the Man Utd friendly and they go digital and they demand to see ID matching the name on ticket it's going to benefit a lot of STH who were previously unable to get to many aways through their own ticket and buying off credit collectors.

Really annoyed at this news tbh. I have been a season ticket holder for 6 years now, on average I can't make 3/4 games a season and I personally thought Stubhub was fantastic for listing tickets for the games I couldn't get to.

I always used to put them up for face value and they always went with no problems from either side - Someone get's a ticket for less than it would cost them from the club (and less hassle than dealing with the club themselves) and I would get the money back in my pocket - Win win....now the club want to sell the ticket on, but only if they haven't sold out already...and if they do sell my ticket I would only get a pro rata credit to use?!

Backwards step for me.

That‘s what you paid. Why do you expect to make a profit?

That‘s what you paid. Why do you expect to make a profit?
Don’t think he/she is looking at making a profit more that the seller will be credited money but only to use buying another ticket for a cup game for example rather than it going back in the bank to be used on something else.

Don’t think he/she is looking at making a profit more that the seller will be credited money but only to use buying another ticket for a cup game for example rather than it going back in the bank to be used on something else.

No. The seller gets a pro rata credit. Exactly what they paid.

Annoys me that people used the word fleeced. No you wasn't, you know the price Everton charge and if you Choose to pay over face value that's up to you. It's funny no one moans about prices for other things non football related

Yeah, I don’t think they were ever intending on trying to make a profit if selling at face value

Depends what you understand as face value.

Say a match day ticket is £40, but the ST cost £627.
A pro rata refund would be £33 (627/19)

ST holders don’t pay face value.

This legal requirement to self isolate if you get pinged, say I go in a cafe on a Thursday and on the Friday a staff member gets a positive test, that means I could get pinged and have to miss the game on Saturday, is that right?

If so, I wonder if the club have also considered there might be fans missing games and so now they can at least get a refund

No. The seller gets a pro rata credit. Exactly what they paid.
I don't think you're understanding what I mean....

I don't expect/want to make a profit, my gripe with it, is that I was paid cash money back into my bank account once the tickets had sold on StubHub.

This way I will now receive back what I paid, but in the form of a credit to use at the end of the season (and no guarantee/control over it selling in the first place)

I don't think you're understanding what I mean....

I don't expect/want to make a profit, my gripe with it, is that I was paid cash money back into my bank account once the tickets had sold on StubHub.

This way I will now receive back what I paid, but in the form of a credit to use at the end of the season (and no guarantee/control over it selling in the first place)
But you can use that money off next seasons ticket? So there is no real issue. Financially you are not losing.

This legal requirement to self isolate if you get pinged, say I go in a cafe on a Thursday and on the Friday a staff member gets a positive test, that means I could get pinged and have to miss the game on Saturday, is that right?

If so, I wonder if the club have also considered there might be fans missing games and so now they can at least get a refund

That's correct. I think this new system will mean you don't get a refund, but if the club can punt your ticket to someone else in your place then you'll get credits to spend on future games. Bit naff like.

As wrong as it is, I still fully expect grounds to be packed out with fans who've been told to isolate as there's no way of policing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.