New Everton Stadium Discussion

It'll be significantly bigger. 20k. But I see where you're coming from. I'm preparing myself to be a little underwhelmed with the interior. It's not just this site, but Its the uniformity of almost all new grounds that make them a little meh. The exterior and location should make up for it though.

It might look like it if you removed the entire upper tier, apart from that it's just because of the blue seats.

Gotta say, been waiting for that stadium website for a while now, and it’s a bit disappointing.

Was hoping for live feeds, on site information, build updates and timelines, more detail on interiors and concourses. I know a lot of of this is in the planning docs, but would have been nice to see this on the website.

Not much in there we hadn’t seen already, bar a few extra CGIs. Website on the whole looks a bit sparse and poorly designed to me.

Few photos from yesterday from New Brighton prom.

Had to reduce the resolution a bit to upload here.

3C01404B-E9AE-4808-B0EA-63F7A5B12A9D.jpeg
5FF29B2E-E911-48C9-B72C-5D30D0758DDB.jpeg
8431C33F-D2BC-4E1A-BF15-5AF3370315C6.jpeg
D7F44852-E687-403D-A5D3-495045D892DC.jpeg

Yep, I think it'll take a sale to attract a corporate sponsor capable of naming that stadium. But I could even see the sale taking place before 2024, and if not then soon after.

There wont be any shortage of takers with stupendous cash funds for a PL team in a brand spanking new stadium on that waterfront. That has to be Moshiri/Usmanov's calculation.

In the meantime the club are hammering home the 'Everton Stadium' brand in the same way that Spurs call theirs the Tottenham Stadium.
if its the everton stadium it will be easier just to add a sponsors name in front of it ie the aldi everton stadium :D

Gotta say, been waiting for that stadium website for a while now, and it’s a bit disappointing.

Was hoping for live feeds, on site information, build updates and timelines, more detail on interiors and concourses. I know a lot of of this is in the planning docs, but would have been nice to see this on the website.

Not much in there we hadn’t seen already, bar a few extra CGIs. Website on the whole looks a bit sparse and poorly designed to me.

Actually it’s not that bad, a year late, but not bad…it’ll get much better I’m sure……

Lusail is a huge stadium. The design of it now is far from the original one, the original one had four cores in the corner that held all the concessions and toilets etc. The scale was so large, that it was calculated that some seats were a 1.2km round trip for a pi££. There was also a special entrance for the Sheik, where he could drive his car up to the 3rd level where his seat is, cause he doesn't like stairs.

The stadium as it is now is still really spectacular though, but unbelievably is downscaled from its original design.

Also, prior to them moving it to Winter, we ran calculations on the cooling capacity and energy required to maintain 22°C for each spectator, while keeping an open roof. Those numbers have since fell out of my head cause they were so huge.

Interesting mate, wouldn't mind hearing more about the changes and what it was supposed to be like.

I actually think the website is pretty good.
It's impact as a focal point will become more evident when the exterior build is completed. The guys with the drones have done (and continue to do) a brilliant job, but obviously they will be unable to report on or document the internal build.

Interesting mate, wouldn't mind hearing more about the changes and what it was supposed to be like.

It was also proposed to have the majority of it sitting above a cooled lake, with bridges for pedestrians, which would help reduce external temperatures at ground level. All concessions etc. were moved into 'cores' joined by link bridges, so that rather than shops/food stalls take space on the concourses, they would use that space as a huge plenum to pass chilled air round between the facade and the stadium, with connections to outlets in the floor near the seats. I think initially it was to be 120k capacity as well.
The roof was double skinned, with cooled air and chilled water pipework to create a 'waterfall' effect of cool air into the bowl.

Few photos from yesterday from New Brighton prom.

Had to reduce the resolution a bit to upload here.

View attachment 177180View attachment 177181View attachment 177182View attachment 177183
Great pic mate was over there yesterday in the exact same spot it’s a great aspect to view the stadium, now imagine the completed stadium sparkling in the sunshine with a massive cruise ship sailing past it’ll be magnificent I tells ye magnificent. I’m so excited about this stadium, and at my age I thought this kind of excitement had pasted me by.