New Everton Stadium Discussion

yea, but plenty say 'do you remember the game against palace at goodison'
or, where's the cup game? at goodison.
Granted, no one says goodison park but plenty just say Goodison.
It was weird, in the last few seasons of Upton park everyone started calling it the Boelyn, which I had never really heard of (I guess it was the official name)
Goodison will always be Goodison or the old lady.

Talking of which, have a read of this…

Some people will say the location.
Some people will say the stadium name.
Some people will say 'Going to the match/game' or 'We are at home'.

Does it really matter what the media/fans call it, it is going to be amazing. The only issue might be is, whoever get naming rights, it might sully the exterior to have their name plastered over it, hopefully we get a company who has a nice understated logo that lends itself to the aesthetics of the place.

Again, just like when people were complaining about the club coverage it is a massive sign that the club have got this stadium absolutely spot in that this is what we are arguing/debating about :)

I understand your perspective on this, but you can’t hold the tide of inevitability back.

The name amongst the fanbase is fixed. Only the right sponsor will shift it.

1660294426551.jpeg

Some people will say the location.
Some people will say the stadium name.
Some people will say 'Going to the match/game' or 'We are at home'.

Does it really matter what the media/fans call it, it is going to be amazing. The only issue might be is, whoever get naming rights, it might sully the exterior to have their name plastered over it, hopefully we get a company who has a nice understated logo that lends itself to the aesthetics of the place.

Again, just like when people were complaining about the club coverage it is a massive sign that the club have got this stadium absolutely spot in that this is what we are arguing/debating about :)
A nice Stake.com logo on the Riverside surrounding by the minimalist tower logo ?

It'll be significantly bigger. 20k. But I see where you're coming from. I'm preparing myself to be a little underwhelmed with the interior. It's not just this site, but Its the uniformity of almost all new grounds that make them a little meh. The exterior and location should make up for it though.

tbh I don't think the cgi and renders does it any favours at all. I've much preferred the drone footage from Mr Drone and @Noggsy blue along with photographs from @tommye and others. That genuinely gives you a sense of the size/scale of the project.

Even the images they released yesterday on the new website, they are really underwhelming that they've only put about 12 on and none of them give me that "wow" factor. Yet when I've seen a pic of the South Stand which isn't even built yet but you can see the scale and the rake of it, that gives me the "wow" factor.

Some of the latest images are a bit King Powery

I think they could have certainly released a lot more images. The old people's club app was absolutely fantastic but for whatever reason they've binned it off. It's double the size of the King Power, the North Stand with the back glass setting will certainly look different and the South Stand will be huge.
As I've just mentioned, I find the images released all a bit "meh" but once it's built, with the 53k Evertonians inside it'll be superb.

Goodison it isn't and it's really difficult to let go as that is just so unique in design and structure and the new one is a lot more modern but it's what is needed and what we need to move forward.

I'll be even happier if standing gets confirmed for the South Stand lower tier.