New Everton Stadium Discussion

Are we entitled to any kind of funding from the government with regard to the stadium costs. When you consider up 15k jobs will be created with this project over the next 3 years, you’d like to think we’d be entitled to some financial support or even tax break on the project. Has anyone any knowledge of this is so?
They're gonna move the bat boxes for us.

People look back and they see that we used to have crowds of 70-80,000 people, yeah, when tickets used to cost 25p with a free programme. It costs about 40-50 quid a game these days, add in transport, food, add in a kid and you add another 30-40 quid.

I think 52k is a great number, we should fill it most weeks, there's nothing like seeing empty seats in a stadium.

52k wont be enough if we go where we need to go, which is the very top, but once we get used to success, the crowds will drop. :hayee:
Spot on

I love going to the game, but really can't afford to go - Like you say it's probably getting up to £70-80 to go a match

Working on a normal salary, paying mortgage, student loans, household bills etc - There just isn't enough left to justify it

Define 'fine'? By the time he gets to the stadium things could get a bit choppy

S055.gif
I've watched that full clip so many times on Youtube - never fails to bring a tear to the eye

There seems to be an opinion that we won't get an answer from government in 21 days, and 6-8 weeks is a more realistic timeframe.

Either way, would be great if we can start the build as early as possible in the summer.

With the covid re-opening of society, it would be fantastic to see the build gradually coming to life over the next few months even, let alone what the anticipation would be like when its close to completion.

Many many moons ago, in a different universe, me and some mates went to see Bristol City play Hereford in the 1st leg of the Freight Rover Trophy semi. At Hereford.

They threatened to stop the match cos they were scared the stand 00's of City fans were in was wobbling way to much to be safe. Bristol lost 2 0. Moyes played iirc.

Won the 2nd leg 3 0 at Ashton Gate. Took the ex Mrs R to the game.

Memories eh.
Zyder.

Can someone please remind me what measures they are taking to minimise the strong wind effect coming off the Mersey? My brother has just asked me and I can't remember the answer! TIA

Can someone please remind me what measures they are taking to minimise the strong wind effect coming off the Mersey? My brother has just asked me and I can't remember the answer! TIA
Do you mean with regards to when we are sitting in the stadium or the protection of the stadium?