New Everton Stadium Discussion

52k is sensible, our ST figures went up after BM was first announced.
We can hope that being based where we are will help us bring more in, but in reality it will take quite a bit of time.
I just hope we have things during the week to entice people to the ground.
The amount of tourists you see at Anfield on a weekday is ridiculous considering where it is.

People look back and they see that we used to have crowds of 70-80,000 people, yeah, when tickets used to cost 25p with a free programme. It costs about 40-50 quid a game these days, add in transport, food, add in a kid and you add another 30-40 quid.

I think 52k is a great number, we should fill it most weeks, there's nothing like seeing empty seats in a stadium.

52k wont be enough if we go where we need to go, which is the very top, but once we get used to success, the crowds will drop. :hayee:

But then there was standing. Being in GSE standing was an experience.

Some club is trying to run roughshod all over a world heritage site and on a plot of significant interest to the general public? Where do I sign up to fight this criminal organisation, have they no heart...wait a minute that's our criminal--I mean organisation. They can do one, the massive spuds.

Couple of pubs along the way,you'll be fine.

Define 'fine'? By the time he gets to the stadium things could get a bit choppy

S055.gif

I recall hanging on to barriers for dear life once it started swaying as a young pup.

Many many moons ago, in a different universe, me and some mates went to see Bristol City play Hereford in the 1st leg of the Freight Rover Trophy semi. At Hereford.

They threatened to stop the match cos they were scared the stand 00's of City fans were in was wobbling way to much to be safe. Bristol lost 2 0. Moyes played iirc.

Won the 2nd leg 3 0 at Ashton Gate. Took the ex Mrs R to the game.

Memories eh.