New Everton Stadium Discussion

i’m a member of English Heritage and the National Trust. These docks are not a general interest to the public if they are so dangerous that you can’t go and look at them and even if you did there is no interpretation there to explain what you are looking at and why it is of global importance. It is a brownfield building site and should be treated as such, and development allowed, unless someone else comes up with a business plan for a living museum that will employ hundreds of people and attract a million people a year.

Define 'fine'? By the time he gets to the stadium things could get a bit choppy

S055.gif
He used to play for us

That was an early version of it when it was a bigger capacity, no dividing wall and also had gaps between the stands. Everything new that has come out shows the interior being slightly different to what we've seen before (for instance the people's project 3d app), but there hasn't been a complete view yet. I'm waiting to see what these changes look like before I evaluate it.
Where's the most up to date pictures, if i may ask?

Won't be surprised if the capacity goes up by a couple thousand if we get Europe this year and the year next and so on due to the rise is season tickets which happen after a good season.

People make so much of a big deal about capacity being too low. Our current capacity is 39,572. The new capacity is 52,888. That's still 13,316 extra seats, which is adding more than 1/3 of the current capacity on top.

Other teams stadium capacities may be bigger, but how many of them sell out on a regular basis? It sounds like they have done extensive research in this project, and projections will be based on a number of factors. But 1 of them will have been a sustainable capacity crowd. Its no use having 10,000 extra fans for maybe 2 games a season just so people can pick and choose what games to go to and be guaranteed to get a seat when they want. It insentivises getting a ticket and being there on a regular basis, while also expanding the scope for individual ticket sales, on top of an increase in season ticket up takes. That to me is a good thing.

Additionally is the potential scope for increased capacity through safe standing. I imagine if it is given the go ahead, this could account for a few thousand additional fans.

I think it's probably right for what we actually need right now. People suggesting our attendences would instantly almost double may very well be right. But I doubt that additional boom would last. Just the same way we have increases in season ticket up takes when we have a good season and lots of those fans don't renew past 1 or 2 seasons when either performance drop off or they realise the commitment of going every week, sometimes twice.

Looking forward to seeing it getting started anyway. And I wouldn't be surprised if the 52,888 is tweaked before it's completed, especially if we continue to improve in years leading up to its completion.
If i knew tickets were easier to get, I'd travel over more regularly.
Travel agents would run more groups over to Everton games with group tickets.

People make so much of a big deal about capacity being too low. Our current capacity is 39,572. The new capacity is 52,888. That's still 13,316 extra seats, which is adding more than 1/3 of the current capacity on top.

Other teams stadium capacities may be bigger, but how many of them sell out on a regular basis? It sounds like they have done extensive research in this project, and projections will be based on a number of factors. But 1 of them will have been a sustainable capacity crowd. Its no use having 10,000 extra fans for maybe 2 games a season just so people can pick and choose what games to go to and be guaranteed to get a seat when they want. It insentivises getting a ticket and being there on a regular basis, while also expanding the scope for individual ticket sales, on top of an increase in season ticket up takes. That to me is a good thing.

Additionally is the potential scope for increased capacity through safe standing. I imagine if it is given the go ahead, this could account for a few thousand additional fans.

I think it's probably right for what we actually need right now. People suggesting our attendences would instantly almost double may very well be right. But I doubt that additional boom would last. Just the same way we have increases in season ticket up takes when we have a good season and lots of those fans don't renew past 1 or 2 seasons when either performance drop off or they realise the commitment of going every week, sometimes twice.

Looking forward to seeing it getting started anyway. And I wouldn't be surprised if the 52,888 is tweaked before it's completed, especially if we continue to improve in years leading up to its completion.

We have the capacity set so we have to go with it.

There are so many fallacies though. Basing on the current Goodison capacity is misleading. Pre Covid it sells out. There is big demand. Even when we're under Allardyce or Silva whoever. It sells out with many obstructed views. Sells out when we haven't won anything for decades. So (in my opinion) if there was another 10-12,000 seats we'd fill Goodison. So same capacity for BMD, covering probably current demand.

Factor in the new ground, the waterfront location, and hopefully success, the demand will be even more.
The new stadium effect.

As for safe standing it isn't yet allowed and is only for 1:1. No increase in capacity.

Should have been 10,000 more same size as Tottenham but hey ho.

I watched the 3 hours of the planning meeting, brilliantly well presented and as bias as i am, i really cant see anything they can come back to us with, however i don't know with the usmanov links and government being told don't let certain people invest in the uk if that will effect this in anyway.
I think that is the reason Usmanov officially has no affiliation with Everton.
We might see that change in the future and see him come on board at Everton.