New Everton Stadium Discussion

Surely you just spread the cost across every other seat in the stadium? United have built on Old Trafford a couple of times, the last lot of seats would give you a stiff neck if you looked up for too long. I don't doubt they're the cheapest seats in the ground. If they build BM with the option to add more then great but I personally won't mind spending an extra fiver a game for the extra 5k added right away. (I say a fiver, it could work out as 50 quid I don't know I've never built a stadium. In-fact I've built a meccanno set when I was a kid and other than sandwiches, debt and my birds temper I can't think of anything else I've ever built as an adult with any significant value)

In a way you are right. It might be more expensive to build those last seats but it will be significantly more expensive to extend once it has already been opened. Man City gaff cost 132 million to build and to add the new tier of 6k cost 60+ million. Extending after the event shows bad planning and foresight and on this site would be a major issue to the point I don't ever believe it will be extended other than for safe standing.

correct unless we see huge demand every game
People look back and they see that we used to have crowds of 70-80,000 people, yeah, when tickets used to cost 25p with a free programme. It costs about 40-50 quid a game these days, add in transport, food, add in a kid and you add another 30-40 quid.

I think 52k is a great number, we should fill it most weeks, there's nothing like seeing empty seats in a stadium.

52k wont be enough if we go where we need to go, which is the very top, but once we get used to success, the crowds will drop. :hayee:

I was relieved to read today the absolutely vital news that Mane still thinks Firmino is a great player. It is this kind of cutting edge reporting you want to see.

Rather than a rumour that somebody may have been given permission to build something somewhere in Liverpool ... sometime.

People make so much of a big deal about capacity being too low. Our current capacity is 39,572. The new capacity is 52,888. That's still 13,316 extra seats, which is adding more than 1/3 of the current capacity on top.

Other teams stadium capacities may be bigger, but how many of them sell out on a regular basis? It sounds like they have done extensive research in this project, and projections will be based on a number of factors. But 1 of them will have been a sustainable capacity crowd. Its no use having 10,000 extra fans for maybe 2 games a season just so people can pick and choose what games to go to and be guaranteed to get a seat when they want. It insentivises getting a ticket and being there on a regular basis, while also expanding the scope for individual ticket sales, on top of an increase in season ticket up takes. That to me is a good thing.

Additionally is the potential scope for increased capacity through safe standing. I imagine if it is given the go ahead, this could account for a few thousand additional fans.

I think it's probably right for what we actually need right now. People suggesting our attendences would instantly almost double may very well be right. But I doubt that additional boom would last. Just the same way we have increases in season ticket up takes when we have a good season and lots of those fans don't renew past 1 or 2 seasons when either performance drop off or they realise the commitment of going every week, sometimes twice.

Looking forward to seeing it getting started anyway. And I wouldn't be surprised if the 52,888 is tweaked before it's completed, especially if we continue to improve in years leading up to its completion.

I was relieved to read today the absolutely vital news that Mane still thinks Firmino is a great player. It is this kind of cutting edge reporting you want to see.

Rather than a rumour that somebody may have been given permission to build something somewhere in Liverpool ... sometime.
When we get the green light, they'll probably do an article on his favourite toothpaste.

Yeah but mate, when we’re rent free and regenerating an area, with our now stadium, they’ll be fuming destroying peoples homes for profit.

so screw em, the massive Tories.

People look back and they see that we used to have crowds of 70-80,000 people, yeah, when tickets used to cost 25p with a free programme. It costs about 40-50 quid a game these days, add in transport, food, add in a kid and you add another 30-40 quid.

I think 52k is a great number, we should fill it most weeks, there's nothing like seeing empty seats in a stadium.

52k wont be enough if we go where we need to go, which is the very top, but once we get used to success, the crowds will drop. :hayee:

by the time the building is done the capacity will probably be nearer 54k at the minute it’s just under 53k.

I live in London and for most games I can get a ticket for a match as it is but it a bit dear and behind a post.

With this new stadium that should be easier to get a decent ticket t watch a game and serve the 38k season ticket holders