New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think the main difference is the car park is now built into the main stand, the back of which is much bigger than before. The car park on the river is now a little diddy one.

I like it. Having the car park integrated into the main building is a great idea and makes the ground look huge and imposing. It also means that if ever we need more space or facilities in the ground we can utilise part of it and then put up further car parking in the original spot.....

I like it. Having the car park integrated into the main building is a great idea and makes the ground look huge and imposing. It also means that if ever we need more space or facilities in the ground we can utilise part of it and then put up further car parking in the original spot.....

I wondered whether it was to keep options open in regards to expanding facilities. It makes sense.

Sadly I can’t see a way the capacity of the ground could ever be increased with this design.

Still... I’m over the capacity issue. At least I think I am.

The stand sizes looked huge and awesome at 60k....now they kinda look average.

That 15k home end did look the dogs... Imho they could have just added 10 or so more rows to the back of it to get that figure back up to that level without greatly effecting the cost of the stadium. Then we would have a 54-55ish thousand seater stadium and most people would have been happy.

I dont have a problem with 52k either. In the next few years, eventually with streaming becoming more accessible I can see the FA and the Premier League dropping the 3pm broadcasting rule. Eventually, its only going to be the hardcore fans at the match and the casuals will stay at home to watch. Is 60k sustainable with future developments in watching the match? I dont think so. 52k will be good enough. Safe standing when introduced will also see that figure rise to 60k if needed.

I dont have a problem with 52k either. In the next few years, eventually with streaming becoming more accessible I can see the FA and the Premier League dropping the 3pm broadcasting rule. Eventually, its only going to be the hardcore fans at the match and the casuals will stay at home to watch. Is 60k sustainable with future developments in watching the match? I dont think so. 52k will be good enough. Safe standing when introduced will also see that figure rise to 60k if needed.

See what you mean. I actually think the 52k is a good capacity...and I’m perfectly happy with that number.

it’s just how much better it looked inside with that extra 8k on the original designs...it looked quality! Wish I’d never seen that original seating plan now!

Makes no difference
Most fans know how to watch the 3pm games on their TV anyway

All indications look to say that its going the other way really, football is getting more and more popular, unless theres a massive hike in pricing or relagation, I think the amount of people attending or wanting to attending will continue to grow.

I'm content with the 52k capacity, I think certain aspects of the interior of the ground suffer witht the reduced figure, mainly the small upper tier of the side opposite the 'home end' which looks daft, that seems like it could almost be doubled in size.

There also looks like theres plenty of room for more capacity on the 'city side' stand, but I guess we'll have to take the clubs stance on it, the 52k figure must make the most sense to them after all there analysis. Looking forward to getting access to the planning application in the new year.

Don't worry about attendance bragging rights gone are the days when a big attendance equated to better atmosphere the tourist trade has illed atmospheres at Utd and Arsenal, 52k here with long term Everton fans will deliver a fortress rather than a big hotel