New Everton Stadium Discussion

In my opinion, it appears we have left the idea of Council funding behind otherwise it would still be being spoken about. The only logical funding stream available therefore would be from one of our sponsors...

The council funding was going to involve the council borrowing money from central government through the Public Works Loan Board. When it was originally proposed the interest rate was 1.82%. Meaning we could pay the council a premium and still undercut commercial rates. Unfortunately we missed the boat as the government whacked a full 1% onto the loan rate raising it to 2.82% in October.

The council funding was going to involve the council borrowing money from central government through the Public Works Loan Board. When it was originally proposed the interest rate was 1.82%. Meaning we could pay the council a premium and still undercut commercial rates. Unfortunately we missed the boat as the government whacked a full 1% onto the loan rate raising it to 2.82% in October.
We chose not to take that boat and potentially be beholding to political parties/people.

I dont have a problem with 52k either. In the next few years, eventually with streaming becoming more accessible I can see the FA and the Premier League dropping the 3pm broadcasting rule. Eventually, its only going to be the hardcore fans at the match and the casuals will stay at home to watch. Is 60k sustainable with future developments in watching the match? I dont think so. 52k will be good enough. Safe standing when introduced will also see that figure rise to 60k if needed.
Highly, highly unlikely as the H&S, police and government agencies have only ever intimated safe standing will be considered/permitted at a 1:1 ratio - one seat out, one standing fan in... ergo, no increase in capacity.
Safe standing taking 52k to 60k is a pipedream.

We chose not to take that boat and potentially be beholding to political parties/people.

We are beholding to political parties/people though our training complex is owned by Liverpool council. There isn't a problem though because you enter into an agreement that protects the Club. That is all we would of needed to do in relation to to the PWLB loan.

...give up the weed and Jack Daniels.
tenor.gif