New Everton Stadium Discussion

I got told that wind tunnel testing had shown a potential problem with dangerously high winds between the buildings, so I guess it makes sense that they have reduced the size of the separate car park and moved a lot of the parking to the stadium side.
Definitely going t
They've just filled in more of the dock, I think. Look at the bridge on the far side. They've changed the design on the stadium end.
Heard today that the dock will be filled with the flyover that was knocked down on Dale st.

The problem is, when the price increases come in, a LOT of people will be getting priced out of going the game and the price increases will come, how else is the stadium getting paid for AND us still having money to spend on players?

52k is fine for me.

By keeping the capacity lower and driving up demand, the fans could find themselves priced out of BM. I would have rather had more and that would have forced the club into keeping them lower.

So planning has gone in on time with what looks like a fabulous stadium; all those who said it would never happen have one fewer brick to build their case upon. I'm sure they'll move on to saying that the money won't be there to build it; after that it will be something else maybe the wrong type of grass?

Given it's Christmas why don't we try and put all the hate and misery behind us and start to be optimistic; new manager, money to spend on the team and a new stadium (on the way). Good times to look forward to!

Let's keep our powder dry 11 and a half years ago we actually got planning permission for a Stadium.

Everton/Tesco’s stadium plan for Kirkby gets go-ahead

10 Jun 2008, 09:49

Knowsley council last night gave planning permission for Tesco and Everton FC's new stadium and retail centre in Kirkby.

The controversial £400m scheme includes a new supermarket, 50,000-seat stadium, 592,000 sq ft of additional retail, a hotel, offices and public realm works.

Knowsley's planning committee voted 20-to-1 in favour of the development.

The club and retail giant must wait another three weeks to hear if the decision will be called in for a public inquiry.

There have been far too many false dawns. Let's leave the celebrations until we are actually in the Stadium.