New Everton Stadium Discussion

No no no no. Each to their own. But it's an example of how to consider the environment and history of what and importantly where you are building. No unoriginal bowl, or metal monstrosity. The look is rather industrial granted, and it needs to look more like a 'Stadium' on the outside. But I do like the Lucas Oil stadium.

Like I said, I hope it's just inspiration, more so how it merges with the surroundings rather than saying 'yeah just copt that'.
We could do it on the cheap too. Knock down Stanley Dock and use all the bricks.;)

I agree, that design would probably fit in better with the current architecture in the docks area. But remember Peel have plans to make that area into more of a Dubai type skyline, so it would then probably look out of place. I'd like something more modern, original and stand out. Something to get the red half jealous. Don't know what that would be like. I wouldn't particularly be against a bowl shape from the outside as this tends to be more aesthetic, provided it's more traditional on the inside with the fans close to the pitch to ensure the right atmosphere.

I'm sure Chelsea were considering doing that at one point. When I say sure, I mean have a vague recollection.
IMG_1702.JPG

I think we're definitely getting designs and knowing the ITK from the Everton forum who posted it, I assume it's definitely paid for already as he has stated.

The outside of Chelsea's new stadium looks absolutely incredible in my opinion. It's a proper marmite one tho, I reckon many people hate it.

I have a feeling ours will be similar to Roma's new one.

I'm not just singling you out here Friend because it gets mentioned quite a lot by other posters, but honestly, that Lucas Oil stadium is an utter monstrosity, one of the ugliest things I've ever seen, it's like someone's lashed a footy pitch and seats in the heritage market.

Swerve that.

Horrific isn't it, looks like the Guinness Brewery from the outside. I think people love it because it makes them feel like new age hipsters to say they do.