New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looking at what Meis has done elsewhere it's going to be dome shaped. There'll be some debate as to how the interior will look, but I'm convinced we'll be getting a Etihad/Emirates layout with those gaps behind the goals.

That has to be unacceptable on both fronts: exterior and interior.

For almost certain it will be dome shaped from the outside, but with an interior with the stands close to the pitch and four sided I believe mate - how it'll look is anyone's guess atm, meiss whilst annoying is a very very good designer

Last week the announcement was going to be done in Cannes because of the real estate conference.

This week it's going to be done because Joe has cancelled his hairdressers appointment.

Clutching

At

Straws

I'm guessing next week will have a new reason why it's getting announced and this routine will start again " Oh their heads are going to fall off hahahahahaha "

You'd think about previous ground attempt failures we'd have learnt to sit and wait and actually wait for construction to start before gloating.

We haven't even seen a concept design, announcement of land purchase and planning permission and you are all giggling like little girls.

The same people was doing the same regarding Walton Hall Park.

Wait people, just wait for a change.
The thing is most Blues have spent their whole lives waiting for something massive to happen....so just go with the flow and enjoy that feeling that this really is it....

Like Kirkby :coffee:

You supported that IIRC.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

The fact that Kirkby divided the fan base and had the support that it did was purely down to the fact that even then many could see that Goodison had run her course and at that time there was little in the way of other viable options on the cards.

The fact that it fell on its arse would now appear to be a godsend or perhaps fate.

A long way to go yet but I must admit to being rather excited by the current prospects!

I think Meis has been open with Everton fans from the start, he knows what we want and I think he will deliver that. Unfortunately it won't cater to everyone's taste. I'd be absolutely happy to have a stadium similar to the Lucas oil stadium or the U.S. Bank Stadium (both below) - as I like the big, bulky indoor stadiums with an inside completely different to anything else - letting in lots of light etc...

0B6NQBzkycuE2b1AwbE91WmRMV00.jpg

2c0d2b-20160828-vikes01.jpg

...some people like Chelsea's stadium, and some people like the bowl type. Personally the bowl type isn't my style but if its anything like Roma's then i'd be delighted. But I think it's harsh on Meis to already criticise before any designs have been released, I also think its quite harsh to brand him as "Annoying" considering how kind he has been to Everton fans, and how invested he has become in the club - even if it is looking up scores.

We need to trust not only Meiss but also think about what Mr Moshiri wants to leave behind. This will be his life defining legacy that will last beyond him and his children.
These are the things that drive these type of men. They do not settle for second best or even people saying 'no' to them. (Take note Rom)
I don't think we will have seen anything like it in European, possibly world football. Meiss wants to leave his mark on this game of ours too. He wants the building to inspire and create the best atmosphere in the Premier League..It will be an astheticly stand out structure on the outside and a scientifically designed four sided bear-pit inside.

We need to trust not only Meiss but also think about what Mr Moshiri wants to leave behind. This will be his life defining legacy that will last beyond him and his children.
These are the things that drive these type of men. They do not settle for second best or even people saying 'no' to them. (Take note Rom)
I don't think we will have seen anything like it in European, possibly world football. Meiss wants to leave his mark on this game of ours too. He wants the building to inspire and create the best atmosphere in the Premier League..It will be an astheticly stand out structure on the outside and a scientifically designed four sided bear-pit inside.
I agree. I would imagine it's quite rare for a stadium to be designed by a fan. If i was that guy i would want it to be the absolute best i could make it within the budget & land constraints. Most architect's swan off into the distance afterwards too but Dan Meis will be sticking around for years & years catching games when he can. We all know his face & will know when he is in attendance & I'm sure he would love pats on the back rather than 60k moans. It's massive pressure on his part & with him reaching out on Twitter makes it doubley hard.

I think Meis has been open with Everton fans from the start, he knows what we want and I think he will deliver that. Unfortunately it won't cater to everyone's taste. I'd be absolutely happy to have a stadium similar to the Lucas oil stadium or the U.S. Bank Stadium (both below) - as I like the big, bulky indoor stadiums with an inside completely different to anything else - letting in lots of light etc...

0B6NQBzkycuE2b1AwbE91WmRMV00.jpg

2c0d2b-20160828-vikes01.jpg

...some people like Chelsea's stadium, and some people like the bowl type. Personally the bowl type isn't my style but if its anything like Roma's then i'd be delighted. But I think it's harsh on Meis to already criticise before any designs have been released, I also think its quite harsh to brand him as "Annoying" considering how kind he has been to Everton fans, and how invested he has become in the club - even if it is looking up scores.

That stadium is so so loud too. Alright, it's way out of our price range but someone needs to get the sound man to do our stadium too.