New Everton Stadium Discussion

Something like Lucas oil only works when the surrounding area buildings suit it, with this being a huge development area, a lot of importance is gonna be on what else is built in the vacinity and how the stadium design maximises on those in order to stand out in a good way.

Kremlins amazing btw but not exactly footy friendly in design ;)
Looking at what Meis has done elsewhere it's going to be dome shaped. There'll be some debate as to how the interior will look, but I'm convinced we'll be getting a Etihad/Emirates layout with those gaps behind the goals.

That has to be unacceptable on both fronts: exterior and interior.

upload_2017-3-21_10-48-46.png

This guy has written several books on Everton so i'd hope his sources at the club are good.

Interesting comment about legacy at "new & old stadium sites" ...

I'm assuming we fully own GP and the land it's built on? I can't imagine it being worth a fortune, so I'd hope the club can see the benefits of keeping it and doing something worthwhile with it.

Give some of it to the school to expand, and open a sports centre.

Be lucky to get the cost of just the land for it I recon as the stadium won't be worth anything to anyone and will cost millions to demolish so it would be great to keep it and use it for EITC or something else worthwhile. Might be part of the deal with big Joe and the new stadium that we turn Goodison into something beneficial for the community.

Looking at what Meis has done elsewhere it's going to be dome shaped. There'll be some debate as to how the interior will look, but I'm convinced we'll be getting a Etihad/Emirates layout with those gaps behind the goals.

I'm pretty sure he discounted a bowl shape in an earlier tweet. Let's wait and see what the plans are.

I get the sense he has gotten a good sense of what Goodison can be like in terms of atmosphere and would likely be cognisant of that in any design.

Great article

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/03/21/dave-downie-everton-moving-must/

Dave Downie: Everton are moving, so must we
21st March 2017

A NEW DAWN: Legend Graeme Sharp looks towards the site of Everton's new home.
By Dave Downie

If everything goes to plan, Everton will announce that Bramley Moore Dock will be the site of their new home later this week.

That sentence alone is something I never thought I’d be able to say in my lifetime.

Previous failures, false dawns both on and off the pitch, and an overwhelming feeling that this would never happen. The thought that Everton would never be able to rub shoulders with football’s elite was a sobering one and a feeling we’ve all struggled to cope with for the best part of thirty years.

That all changes now.

The jokes will stop. The jibes will vanish. The media will recognise. That’s what all this means.

It isn’t just a new stadium. It isn’t just something nice to look at or somewhere to visit on your day off. It’s a new home and a new hope.

As much as every Evertonian loves Goodison Park, the old lady has stunted the growth and Everton’s potential to grow as a football club.

Hearts will be broken when we see our team play its final game in L4 and it’s a very sad reality that Everton can’t hope to function as a leading force from the place which has overseen all of the glory on which we’re built.

But think of taking your seat in a place which that’s been constructed to breed success in the modern game.

Think of your kids, their kids and their families. They get the chance to see things that none of us thirty-something’s have ever seen. They get to see an Everton that can compete and an Everton that can hope again.

None of this ‘seventh is a good season’ or ‘can we break into the top four?’ This is going to be a place built to house trophies. This will be a place that will house trophies.

For decades, people in, around or who follow the club have forgotten what our motto means. They’ve used it as a quirky strap-line or a cheap marketing tool, but they’ve never believed it. They’ve used it to highlight a time gone by and what it used to stand for when it’s literal meaning was the standard that every Evertonian lived by.

We all need to live by that again.

‘I’d take a point away at the big clubs,’ ‘we never play well at Anfield,’ ‘EVERTON THAT!’

It all has to stop.

Being a big club needs big thinking.

‘Everton that’ needs to mean something else. Dreading trips to Anfield and the rest has to stop. That small mindedness and poisonous narrative need to be cast aside and replaced by the genuine belief we can achieve.

We’re all guilty of it to some extent. I interviewed Neville Southall at the Vauxhall plant in Ellesmere Port a couple of days before Phil Jagielka earned us a draw at Anfield with one of the greatest strikes we’ll ever see in a Merseyside derby.

Naively, I asked the great man what Everton should be looking to do in that season with it only being late September. I expected a typical response that I’d usually get from interviewing most former players. ‘Qualifying for Europe,’ or ‘maybe a late push for the top 4’ was the reply I was used to.

I should’ve known my audience…

‘Win the league,’ he replied casually.

I laughed a little before replying ‘Really?’

‘What’s the point in playing in the league if you don’t think you can win it?’ he said.

It was a genuine moment in time for me. One of the greatest players to ever pull on a football shirt had firmly put me in my place, yet so many even to this day will scoff at what he said. But he is undeniably right. What is the point?

Why do we bother if we don’t think we can win? I know we’ve become accustomed to heartache with Everton over the years, but that has gradually become an all encompassing inferiority complex that has infected almost every single one of us, in some way.

When Everton move, our mindset simply has to go with it.

We have to shed the skin that’s seen us downtrodden and blighted our hopes and expectations for more than a generation.

A shadow of our former selves which some of us have never seen.

It ends now.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum? It’s time to stop saying it and time to start living it.

Last week the announcement was going to be done in Cannes because of the real estate conference.

This week it's going to be done because Joe has cancelled his hairdressers appointment.

Clutching

At

Straws

I'm guessing next week will have a new reason why it's getting announced and this routine will start again " Oh their heads are going to fall off hahahahahaha "

You'd think about previous ground attempt failures we'd have learnt to sit and wait and actually wait for construction to start before gloating.

We haven't even seen a concept design, announcement of land purchase and planning permission and you are all giggling like little girls.

The same people was doing the same regarding Walton Hall Park.

Wait people, just wait for a change.