New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not really what I was going for but thankyou for playing. Wembley is geared up for 90k. BM won't be.

You need to explain the rules better then ;)You added a lot of info about infrastructure and then said this:

With no limits what could BM go up to? 75k? I dunno. I'm chumming the water, go little fishies.

So the question is what size stadium does the council think the roads (some which haven't been built yet) can safely get that number of people in and out.

Other factors in this will be if there is a station at the door for the Merseyrail link, how many park and rides, where are the car parks etc. How many access points can be put in/under or over the wall and will there be/how many entrances from the southern side of the site.

So all in all it's impossible to say without knowing the full details.

Last edited:
Wow, you can just come out with attendances like that off the top of your head!!!! Ha ha. I'll have to take your word for that. Around 72 for the Derby is about all I can find. You said we regularly got 60-65k. If we were getting that regularly our average wouldn't be 51000! Anyway, no point arguing.

tbf, it doesn't really matter about average. The maximum is what we should be considering and then we must make sure to build a team good enough to make that maximum a regularity. I can't find the post you were originally quoting, but possibly they were on about highest attendance instead of average?

60k is an absolute minimum. If we fill only 40k seats for some cup games or friendly matches, then is it absolutely no problem if we can sell out the dome 10 times per year. We can always sell tickets to kids almost for nothing/for free to fill out these seats at least for non-PL games. Then when they become adults, they will really likely still be our fans and will start paying more.

Knowing everton, i advise them not to haha

You need to explain the rules better then ;)You added a lot of info about infrastructure and then said this:

So the question is what size stadium does the council think the roads (some which haven't been built yet) can safely get that number of people in and out.

Other factors in this will be if there is a station at the door for the Merseyrail link, how many park and rides, where are the car parks etc. How many access points can be put in/under or over the wall and will there be/how many entrances from the southern side of the site.

So all in all it's impossible to say without knowing the full details.
This entire thread is based on unknown facts so we can reasonably guess like everything else.

IMG_4146.JPG

In some ways the wait for an announcement is actually reassuring. You would imagine that Moshiri will not allow any announcement until the club are as sure as they can be of everything being in place - finances, logistics, design, etc, subject to planning permission. I don't think another failure can be countenanced under any circumstances so whatever additional number of weeks/months they need to ensure we are not disappointed again is absolutely fine with me.

That said, I can't wait for a first glimpse of Meis' work on this, just to have a concept we can call our own and see it develop until they are ready to start construction. I was somewhat sceptical about 60k capacity but those who say we need to push the limits sensibly are absolutely right. I hope we get a unique design with more than a few nods to our heritage and history, and that we can bring some of the Old Lady with us when we go.