New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just an aside...My Dad when he was alive told me "Why you have a good memory of games when you was little was because I lifted you over the turnstile every game over the 70s until 76 then mum got you an season ticket for your birthday :)... relevance I suppose attendances not quite true :)

Since the war Arsenal averaged 40k plus 15 times and still built a 60k stadium
We've done it 20 times

I'm not disputing any of that, I was disputing what a previous poster said about regularly getting 50000+ leading up to the 80s.I think we should build a 60k. At a max though. We would not fill any bigger in my opinion.

i reckon we'd sell 50k straight away for seasons for season tickets and then it's upwards
from there just look at West Ham and were a much bigger club, plus if it's on the banks
of the Mersey surely that will attract tourists etc visiting Liverpool and gain
investment / more fans in the future, so without a doubt 50k+ with expansion possible.
id like to see us get round about 60 k / as close as possible.

Last edited:
So gents a bigger capacity means cheaper tickets on the whole ? How do you think a new stadium will affect ticket prices ?

There will be more ticket prices. Some, including season tickets, will be far more expensive than now. Others, including season tickets, will represent far better value than now. I expect elastic pricing depending on how well or otherwise tickets are selling in the run up to a match, packages of 6 or so tickets to be used as and when, a whole host of different discounts based on 2 for 1, dad and lad, loyalty based pricing. There will be tickets free of charge for schools and disadvantaged groups such as the unemployed. In short, ticketing will be far more sophisticated, a bit like airline tickets.

Average gates yeah,but 62-63 season,72000 v RS,64000 v Fulham,67000 v spurs off the top of my head.

Wow, you can just come out with attendances like that off the top of your head!!!! Ha ha. I'll have to take your word for that. Around 72 for the Derby is about all I can find. You said we regularly got 60-65k. If we were getting that regularly our average wouldn't be 51000! Anyway, no point arguing.

60000 minimum at start with option for another 15/20 thousand on top when needed :)

People moaning more foreigners will come are idiots as its all income to Everton and will improve transfer budgets etc :) The Premier League is an international worldwide attraction and lots of hot lasses and lads going to support Everton will be appreciated by the locals :)

Also why has'nt anyone asked for The Lisbon to put a nice bar for men in the new stadium? :) :)

Has anyone considered what would be the maximum size stadium that could be built at BM? It's obvious but as the capacity grows so does the need for more infrastructure to serve the ground & public transport.
With new roads & rail etc & the need for bigger carparks, more policing, bars etc etc so regardless of what gets built now, it would need to be right for 20-30 years from now when we dominate the world.

They may already be limitations put in by LCC on what we can have capacity wise to protect the infrastructure. Kings Dock was 55k so I can't see that being an issue but 65k is a lot more people that need handling. With no limits what could BM go up to? 75k? I dunno. I'm chumming the water, go little fishies.

Wow, you can just come out with attendances like that off the top of your head!!!! Ha ha. I'll have to take your word for that. Around 72 for the Derby is about all I can find. You said we regularly got 60-65k. If we were getting that regularly our average wouldn't be 51000! Anyway, no point arguing.
Go to Everton Results mate, it is fascinating! 1962-63 season four 60k plus plus 72k for home Derby. But also a range below 40. People were more flexible and you could go last minute easily if you fancied it. Not the three ring circus it is now because of sell outs/obstructed views

Has anyone considered what would be the maximum size stadium that could be built at BM? It's obvious but as the capacity grows so does the need for more infrastructure to serve the ground & public transport.
With new roads & rail etc & the need for bigger carparks, more policing, bars etc etc so regardless of what gets built now, it would need to be right for 20-30 years from now when we dominate the world.

They may already be limitations put in by LCC on what we can have capacity wise to protect the infrastructure. Kings Dock was 55k so I can't see that being an issue but 65k is a lot more people that need handling. With no limits what could BM go up to? 75k? I dunno. I'm chumming the water, go little fishies.

How about 90k:

Screenshot_20170217-230830.jpg

Or 99k...

Screenshot_20170217-230919.jpg

In this day and age ticket money isn't a big income to a club. I think Everton could fill a 55,000 seater stadium week in week out with cheaper prices and free tickets to local schools to encourage children to follow Everton. The other half dont do this and are more content in selling fan cards to rip fans off. If Everton done this for 10 years we would benefit in the future