New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is where i feel the Wave Suprastadio would work for us,

BMD isn't the largest area to play with, you can get a 60k stadium with steep stands close to the pitch to give it a more intense atmosphere but also looks great on the outside and very versatile, I know some people are not a fan of it but i just think it ticks a lot of boxes.

http://circus-polaris.com/#!/architecture/start/draft_suprastadium_2012

That superstadium doesn't look too bad. Its like I said earlier, I want the interior to be a old school goodison upgrade. In terms of attracting people to the stadium, we need some really impressive, lit up, futuristic exterior.

'We are what we are'

Can't believe you wrote that. With respect I don't think you fully appreciate what we are. We got huge crowds of 50000+ right up to the 1980s before grounds started getting smaller. The fanbase is clearly there. We have to think big because the club will grow, it isn't going to stay stagnant. There will be a huge demand for tickets once we move to the Docks, the setting alone will make it a major tourist attraction.

West Ham are not getting 10s of thousands of tourists. That's a myth. They're West Ham. They engaged their local community successfully. We are far bigger so there's zero reason we can't do the same in as large a facility. We're successfully doing it right now with Goodison. LFC get the crowds they get because they get loads of tourists. We engage the people of Merseyside. West Ham's season tickets are not that much less than what ours currently cost.

It would be a total failure if we don't have a 60000 minimum capacity. You don't build to meet demand now, you build to meet future demand. That's what any successful business does with such a major development.

Exactly! It's small box thinking to think of "Let's get a 50k stadium so there's not many empty seats".

Imagine we decide on a 50k stadium now, then after 3 years of moshiri investment we're in the CL, and then we qualify for it again, then we move into a new stadium as a champions league club, usmanov then buys us out, we start spending like city are spending and all of a sudden 50k is way too small and we could be filling 65k every week.

The location will be lovely, away fans will be eager to visit the new stadium (some may have got bored of visiting an old goodison for 20 odd years), this logic could possibly apply to some of our own fans too.

There's plenty of factors, but we have a massive following because of our past success and if we have future success, the way kids these days seem to be more glory orientated, that following will continually grow. Especially if we can have one of europe's most iconic stadiums.

i hope dan meis has considered a glass roof for the stadium which can hold a further approx 10-15k supporters. I'm sure there would be willing participants who want a birdseye view of the game and could also vinidcate the stadium being smaller and more "on the pitch". I would imagine the view would be something like this for fans

world-cup-italia-90-04.png

i hope dan meis has considered a glass roof for the stadium which can hold a further approx 10-15k supporters. I'm sure there would be willing participants who want a birdseye view of the game and could also vinidcate the stadium being smaller and more "on the pitch". I would imagine the view would be something like this for fans

world-cup-italia-90-04.png

....just like the top balcony.

Do what Milan do at the san siro, something city should do at the Etihad. Close off the top tier and open it when we have huge demand for games like United, City, Liverpool for example. Maybe also give some spaces away through EITC and other charities. Maybe include low income families and rewards to school kids who are performing well in their education ?
Yeah, a smaller top tier of around 5,000 seats in one stand that can be sectioned off or used as a neutral stand as required. Depending on availability, sell them for beans on matchday.

They're averaging 56,000 mate. I totally agree with you that we'd fill it.

The fighting was largely created by the stadium being utterly unsuitable to host football matches, by West Ham outsourcing the stewarding to a totally inexperienced firm, and just by general ineptness by the club.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with offering cheap tickets to fill a stadium, it's exactly what should be done, and I've got absolutely no doubt it's what Everton will do.

We'll be flooded with wools!

60k is an absolute minimum. If we fill only 40k seats for some cup games or friendly matches, then is it absolutely no problem if we can sell out the dome 10 times per year. We can always sell tickets to kids almost for nothing/for free to fill out these seats at least for non-PL games. Then when they become adults, they will really likely still be our fans and will start paying more.