New Everton Stadium Discussion

A fair point Ian, lets take away our wage bill of around 75m, but then we have to factor in the tv money increase, so that puts us at around MINUS 70m Net spend.
So next time I see the clubs finances are released (April time?) we will have made an operating profit of £70m?

As 'iconic', 'supersonic', 'moronic' or 'gin and tonic' as we want the stadium to be, I'd like some of the 'fear factor' features kept.

Given the local rags latest piece on Ferguson, Scholes, Wenger et al all saying how intimidating the 'Old Lady' can be, those need to be incorporated to.

Noise levels, close proximity to the pitch (WHU take note!) etc........... all need to be assimilated into the new ground.

Transport will be a huge issue initially, but I'm sure the local council will be as kowtowing to us as they have been to the RS in their new stadium.

Come the Derby we might even be able to "Throw them all in the Royal Blue Mersey!!??"

Listed status isn't a problem if the local authority give you permission to knock it down, and that's what should happen here.
To be fair in my younger days I shared your attitude . Bus stops ,telephone boxes , benches despite various designs never defeated us. We once virtually burnt and otherwise dismantled a big 19th century abandoned house(the collapse of the staircase with a load of us still on it is recalled with much hilarity). We used to have a thing we called rampage were we ,yes, rampaged through a designated area destroying as much as possible ,drain pipes, fences, cars anything . If it couldn't be destroyed we spray painted it or wrote on it. Halcyon days. Then I grew up.

To be fair in my younger days I shared your attitude . Bus stops ,telephone boxes , benches despite various designs never defeated us. We once virtually burnt and otherwise dismantled a big 19th century abandoned house(the collapse of the staircase with a load of us still on it is recalled with much hilarity). We used to have a thing we called rampage were we ,yes, rampaged through a designated area destroying as much as possible ,drain pipes, fences, cars anything . If it couldn't be destroyed we spray painted it or wrote on it. Halcyon days. Then I grew up.
You sound like you were a proper **** when you were younger.

No offence. :p

So the sewage treatment plant doesn't operate 24/7?

Do you not think that the powers that be would cut some kind of a deal around not operating around matchdays?

People worry a bit too much...
They do something similar at Standard Liege's ground as there is a big plant there close to the stadium, which shuts down a day or two before the home games, which gives them time to clean the seats etc.

They do something similar at Standard Liege's ground as there is a big plant there close to the stadium, which shuts down a day or two before the home games, which gives them time to clean the seats etc.
Processesing turds and wee is a complicated business if you think the company being paid to do it will offer to stop work for at least 30 days per year you are mistaken ......no one in their right mind would buy a plot of land next to one.....would they???

Processesing turds and wee is a complicated business if you think the company being paid to do it will offer to stop work for at least 30 days per year you are mistaken ......no one in their right mind would buy a plot of land next to one.....would they???[/QUOTE]

We've been next to something similar for years and put up with the stench remember????? ;)

Processesing turds and wee is a complicated business if you think the company being paid to do it will offer to stop work for at least 30 days per year you are mistaken ......no one in their right mind would buy a plot of land next to one.....would they???
I'm not suggesting they will mate. It's just something l remember from the uefa meeting in Liege I was at, when we played them a few years ago and that was their agreement.

It was mentioned a while back.....would love something like this.......

jclapper-20111106193455.jpg

87_1lucasoil_23.jpg
I love the huge window that you can see the city through. I'd love that at the new ground. The concourses are also fantastic in that stadium.

That's great mate. But supporting investment in the City of Liverpool isn't the same as vandalism. If you can tell me how a useless wall that serves little purpose benefits the City of Liverpool more than a 200 million pound investment that is likely to be a catalyst for further investment in a run-down and underused industrial part of Liverpool then I'm all ears. Liverpool needs investment to progress. Conserving useless walls that serve no purpose will do nothing but impede such progress, and won't benefit anyone at all.