New Everton Stadium Discussion

40m from stones + loan fee for galloway - 10m for martinez, 6m for koeman, 7m for gueye, 25m for bolasie, 11m for williams, 1m for calvert lewin, 1m for stek, loan fee for valencia, whatever we paid for walsh does not add up to a 3m profit so how do you work that one out?!
You forgot the lawn mowers mate.

You're right though. How can I ever doubt Everton where a stadium is concerned.

With regard to the water treatment plant and the smells.. maybe the plant hasn't needed to contain the smells so much as there's not much around there at the moment. If Moshiri is planning on building this multi hundred million pound stadium along with the proposed "football quarter" of bars, restaurants and hotels... I can't for a second believe they haven't investigated this issue.

I,m sure suntan is on it as we speak...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/gallery/waste-treatment-works-mersey-11140775

I've just drove past there, it humms to high heaven today!!

It's obviously a problem that needs to be addressed pretty early on if things go to plan but I'm sure that it's not insurmountable.

I remember the smell at Otterspool as a kid was horrendous but today there is no problem at all.

Even now I live less than a mile away from a water treatment plant in Knowlsey and the number of times in the past 10 years there is a problem with the smell you could count on one hand and even then it's obviously sorted pretty quickly.

Why is a crap wall that was built by slaves of historical importance? I see no reason why it should be conserved. I would hope that LCC would allow us to demolish it, despite it's ridiculous listed status.

Usually that's the reason it is listed to stop someone bulldozing something ;)

Usually people get round the situation by burning said building down, (oops don't know how that happened guvnor! :oops: ) but can't see that working on a great big thick brick wall.

They may be allowed to create a new entrance if they can create it in the style and in keeping with the rest of the structure.

Some of these figures are way off mate. Stones was sold for around 47 million, and Koeman only had a year left on his contract at Southampton so I doubt we paid six million for him.
I don't believe for a second we paid Martinez 10m. As soon as he took the job for Belgium I can see that being cut substantially.

With regard to the water treatment plant and the smells.. maybe the plant hasn't needed to contain the smells so much as there's not much around there at the moment. If Moshiri is planning on building this multi hundred million pound stadium along with the proposed "football quarter" of bars, restaurants and hotels... I can't for a second believe they haven't investigated this issue.

Quite probably mate, yes. Davyhulme works is the biggest of it's kind in the country and is sandwiched in between the Trafford Centre and Salford RLFC's stadium, you can't smell a thing from it round there. Any site that's in a residential or public area is under the tightest regulations with regards to the environment agency. Maybe the Sandon Dock site hasn't been as strictly regulated due to the location it's in.

Usually that's the reason it is listed to stop someone bulldozing something ;)

Usually people get round the situation by burning said building down, (oops don't know how that happened guvnor! :oops: ) but can't see that working on a great big thick brick wall.

They may be allowed to create a new entrance if they can create it in the style and in keeping with the rest of the structure.

Listed status isn't a problem if the local authority give you permission to knock it down, and that's what should happen here.