New Everton Stadium Discussion

The German stadia tend to have larger treads 800-900+mm. For some reason, we opted for just 750mm in GA areas, which is the bare minimum for 2 steps and according to the green guide only yields enough space for 1.3-1.5:1 ratio (depending on seat width, which again is at the minimum). So yes, they're could be a small uplift in those safestanding areas if legislation changes, but not as a high a ratio as in many German stadia.
Legislation won't change until United have a new ground and Liverpool have a new stand that allows for it. So I can see why they only went for the minimum.

One of the reasons I doubt it will happen.

Depending on the construction method, many clubs may be able to reprofile their existing stands, to reduce the number of rows by 10-15%, in order to then increase the capacity of the reprofiled stand by 40-50%. Which would be net increase on the original stand of approx 25-30%. Of course this would only be possible if the rake of the stand offers good c-values in standing mode (most don't), and on the size of the supporting concourse facilities etc. Not withstanding them building dedicated new stands from scratch of course.

Legislation won't change until United have a new ground and Liverpool have a new stand that allows for it. So I can see why they only went for the minimum.

They know the ratio will never exceed 1.5:1 so didn't need the massive tread depths.

Utd will have a new ground within the next 10 years so that isn't going to hold us back either.

So yesterday I went to the England game. In my defence, a client in work gifted us with a bunch of seats in the Club Wembley section, free travel and food/drink, as a thank you for an implementation delivered ahead of schedule.

Still the most Tory thing I’ve ever done (and an absolutely dreadful game to boot)

BUT… it did make me even more excited for our new ground. The “new” wembley is nearly 20 years old now, but the difference in facility levels vs Goodison is just incredible. To think we’ll shortly have something even more modern (and with a far better seating layout, proximity to the pitch etc) is just incredible.

The German stadia tend to have larger treads 800-900+mm. For some reason, we opted for just 750mm in GA areas, which is the bare minimum for 2 steps and according to the green guide only yields enough space for 1.3-1.5:1 ratio (depending on seat width, which again is at the minimum). So yes, they're could be a small uplift in those safestanding areas if legislation changes, but not as a high a ratio as in many German stadia.

For some reason…?

Won't be popular this but after seeing the other side of the park yesterday, I think the first ever game at BM should be something similar.

Everton Legends Vs someone, give some of our greatest even a few minutes to sprinkle some of the old magic into the new ground.

Even if the likes of Nev etc only have 5 minutes. There's plenty of players who would be up for it and are still active.

It would be a great day for the fans and no worries about losing as the result doesn't really matter.

Better than playing Barca or something and the first ever game there being an Everton defeat.

Won't be popular this but after seeing the other side of the park yesterday, I think the first ever game at BM should be something similar.

Everton Legends Vs someone, give some of our greatest even a few minutes to sprinkle some of the old magic into the new ground.

Even if the likes of Nev etc only have 5 minutes. There's plenty of players who would be up for it and are still active.

It would be a great day for the fans and no worries about losing as the result doesn't really matter.

Better than playing Barca or something and the first ever game there being an Everton defeat.

I'm assuming you've never seen the Everton legends 5 a side team then? That comprised of players like Brett Angel and Stuart Barlow.

The last time we had proper legends was in the 80s so unless your happy to see players over 50 walking at a snails pace I think I'll give it a miss.

The rs still have players who have barely turned 40 and still fancy themselves as serious sports people still turning out for that vomit inducing "legends" match which includes the absolute greats of Vignal, Skyrtl and Cisse.

I'm assuming you've never seen the Everton legends 5 a side team then? That comprised of players like Brett Angel and Stuart Barlow.

The last time we had proper legends was in the 80s so unless your happy to see players over 50 walking at a snails pace I think I'll give it a miss.

The rs still have players who have barely turned 40 and still fancy themselves as serious sports people still turning out for that vomit inducing "legends" match which includes the absolute greats of Vignal, Skyrtl and Cisse.

Even if the older players have 10 mins, it's just an exhibition isn't it. I reckon some of the 80's players would love a few minutes to christen the new ground, personally.

And I'd go and watch it.

So this is a 52,888 arena with the potential to expand to 62,000. I've looked everywhere about how this could happen. But couldn't find anything. Can anyone answer this?