New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think they may have moved its boundaries fully to the junction with both side stands. Whereas I think it was originally only half-way across the angled corner sections.

It's still on an angle though isn't it Tom. Doesn't look to me like it's been put any further around than the original plan to me.

I'm not complaining like, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned in the home end lol

It's still on an angle though isn't it Tom. Doesn't look to me like it's been put any further around than the original plan to me.

I'm not complaining like, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned in the home end lol
There's a wall seperating those corner sections from the East and West stands due to the difference in gradient, i don't think you could argue for them being anything other than part of the south stand on this basis.

Not quite sure why the club have chose to count the seats differently now though, it's not as though those walls are a new addition? 🤷‍♂️

There's a wall seperating those corner sections from the East and West stands due to the difference in gradient, i don't think you could argue for them being anything other than part of the south stand on this basis.

Not quite sure why the club have chose to count the seats differently now though, it's not as though those walls are a new addition? 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure when I counted the seats individually I had it at 13k as well for the South.

That wasn't lost on me either. I can only assume that is a) Counting safe standing increase or b) When you count the corners you get the higher number.
Can’t be option b as there is divide between the south and the side stands due to the difference in angle or rake. So you can only count the seats until you get to the barrier each side. Therefore it is a set amount of seats.

Can’t be option b as there is divide between the south and the side stands due to the difference in angle or rake. So you can only count the seats until you get to the barrier each side. Therefore it is a set amount of seats.

That's only in the lower tier, the upper is the connected all the way around. You can therefore theoretically choose to count the number of seats just between the width of the pitch (unlikely). Or at 45 degree angles, so the side and end stands are apportioned equally from the capacity of the corners. Or at 90 degrees where the side stands meet the edge of the pitch and everything in the (upper) corners are added to the South stand totals.