New Everton Stadium Discussion

Great work again from Mr Badcock. I must admit to spending quite a lot of time looking at the planning docs in the earlier stages of the project, but there's so many it can get a bit tiresome even for a fan boy like myself, so it's great that David has taken the time to put these things together and then shared through Nick. Gives a good insight into the detail.

Cheers to you Mr Badcock 👏👍
It was the little details he'd spotted in that latest video that really got me - like the slight slope of the fan plaza.

Over 60k with standing, 54k when all seated for hosting international/European football. So just under 2k more, which is at max two and a bit extra rows of seats.

Agreed, but by the same token, ours will only be 53k with safe-standing. Possibly approx 56k with standing at increased ratios (if that ever happens), as they use deeper treads (80cm).

I think they also have 72 boxes, with generally slightly higher c-values throughout.

However, I much prefer the proportions of BMDs tiers.

Agreed, but by the same token, ours will only be 53k with safe-standing. Possibly approx 56k with standing at increased ratios (if that ever happens), as they use deeper treads (80cm).

I think they also have 72 boxes, with generally slightly higher c-values throughout.

However, I much prefer the proportions of BMDs tiers.

Indeed, my comment is just based on more the size of the building itself. When someone says it's over 60k you immediately think it must be a much larger stadium than ours, however like a lot of Bundesliga grounds the high safe standing ratios skew the capacity.

It's like the Westfalenstadion, as impressive as it is, it's not an 82k seater in the way the Bernabeu or Twickenham is.

The Vetlins is very close to what we have and if we plonked ours into Germany it would also be a 60k stadium.

9/10 - so close!

Did you have less questions on yours?

Screenshot_20240322_133329_Gallery.jpg

That wasn't lost on me either. I can only assume that is a) Counting safe standing increase or b) When you count the corners you get the higher number.

Cos that bumps it over Villa's Holte end and instead of being 400 larger than the Kop it'll take it well over that.

I was thinking "trust Everton to do a quiz where they get the seat numbers wrong" lol