New Everton Stadium Discussion

Going off this design and what’s coming together, it’s bland imo mate , very generic. And it’s a shame because as I said previously I love the exterior. It’s like a copy and paste job from many other stadiums.

View attachment 249305

I'm guessing it's challenging to make the interior look 'original' but I'm with you. I think my reservations come from the fact Goodison has so much character and dare I say it, this just looks a bit soulless.

I hope so but i would have gone to town with the extras. I appreciate there isnt that much scope in the structures. But some of the new stadiums around are just so bland and look the same. I wouldnt for instance know if i was watching a game in a different stadium like southampton and sunderland. Its looks the exact same.

And tbh, the worst thing you could say about the inside is that could easily be Leicester City. Having said that, the outside looks brilliant and it is an iconic location.

I hope so but i would have gone to town with the extras. I appreciate there isnt that much scope in the structures. But some of the new stadiums around are just so bland and look the same. I wouldnt for instance know if i was watching a game in a different stadium like southampton and sunderland. Its looks the exact same.
Made a similar point earlier.
Each stand, despite being part of a 'bowl' has its own distinctions and will be identifiable as our stadium from just a look.

I'm guessing it's challenging to make the interior look 'original' but I'm with you. I think my reservations come from the fact Goodison has so much character and dare I say it, this just looks a bit soulless.

Yeah I agree. As Gilbert says they could have paid homage better to Goodison with the interior. It looks more like Espanyols stadium if anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 4

View attachment 249294

These gaps that can be seen on the outside of the stadium, they aren't part of the design are they? They will eventually be filled in, right? Because they look ridiculous imo.

That's the finished design. What would you fill it in with exactly if you had a choice?

The material that is adjacent to what looks like a gap within a badly boarded up home.

I'm not sure I believe that's the final design, it looks awful tbh.

They are meant to have some sort of window effect sheeting or covers on I thought? They were on the West stand somewhere a couple months ago.

The Leitch reference in the roof steelwork needs to be reflected by something in the ‘bowl’. There is scope for more decorative elements to be introduced but money is tight so it might have to be phased in. Perhaps FAB/The Fans Forum could raise this with the club to see if a plan can be put in place for some cosmetic enhancements. It just needs little distinctive touches to elevate it.

And tbh, the worst thing you could say about the inside is that could easily be Leicester City. Having said that, the outside looks brilliant and it is an iconic location.

Let's knock that one right on the head for starters. Although apologies if people have massive cataracts and can only make out blue seating, then you might have a point.

Screenshot_20240319_195957_Chrome.jpg

They are meant to have some sort of window effect sheeting or covers on I thought? They were on the West stand somewhere a couple months ago.

It is how it is going to be...

Screenshot_20240319_200237_Gallery.jpg