New Everton Stadium Discussion

A big statement. Frankly the decisions the club has made in most areas seems to be dreadful. I'm not sure why anyone would think the stadium would be any different. We don't know let's hope you are right.
It’s there right in front of your eyes, what are you saying, we are going to find out it’s a hologram or something?

Was told the hospitality sold out

I'm not sure tbh, I think these have been released in batches but who knows what's remaining. Bear in mind the single game hospitality which will work out more for the club in the long run (if sold every game of course) will still be available. Who knows what they'll charge for the tunnel club per game for instance.

Wasn’t the unveiling video the bigger version of the stadium too ?

If I recall correctly, just some images. Here is one:

20190411_200811.jpg

You can tell the 60k ones as it had a gap between the South and side stands.

20180413_160051.png

And the North Upper tier which is not at the same level as the east in the first picture and below:

Screenshot_20240310_163032_Gallery.jpg

After it switched to the smaller one fairly soon afterwards, there has been subtle changes like where the car park was going to be (inside the west stand for instance) and the western terrace which was only added after the civil engineers got involved post Meis leaving the project.

I'm not sure tbh, I think these have been released in batches but who knows what's remaining. Bear in mind the single game hospitality which will work out more for the club in the long run (if sold every game of course) will still be available. Who knows what they'll charge for the tunnel club per game for instance.

If I recall correctly, just some images. Here is one:

View attachment 248450

You can tell the 60k ones as it had a gap between the South and side stands.

View attachment 248451

And the North Upper tier which is not at the same level as the east in the first picture and below:

View attachment 248453

After it switched to the smaller one fairly soon afterwards, there has been subtle changes like where the car park was going to be (inside the west stand for instance) and the western terrace which was only added after the civil engineers got involved post Meis leaving the project.

Attachments

• D9E3F666-DB3B-4268-A7E5-8DDED518987F.jpeg
    D9E3F666-DB3B-4268-A7E5-8DDED518987F.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 8

If we were in London, I'm fairly sure that we'd have more boxes, but fact is, we're not. The Local economy is vastly different to London in both value and make-up. The city of Liverpool only has so many companies looking for those type of facilities, and the whole environment around the company perks thing has changed. If we were selling these boxes, we'd be selling to individuals, and most of those individuals will have bought at Liverpool, City or United.

I did mention the London factor before, but the fact our upmost premium sold out immediately makes this redundant. There is a demand for the expensive stuff in the region tbh.
Bondibot's version of ours. Got to give him artistic marks as it looks better (from some angles).

That’s class to be fair, but as someone mentioned it’s a wet dream by someone who spends a lot of time designing stuff.

Tom you’ve gone from being against this from the off, “stay at goodison” to now complaining about corporate box numbers, it’s not the 90’s anymore. It’s evidently not something any stadium wants, told you about 3 times now Arsenal have got rid of all of theirs on their bottom tiers and you got your numbers wrong.

Now you’re on about empty spaces? Join a podcast and vent it and not on here where people have found something to look forward to.

Let's get something straight. I have NEVER been against this from the off at all. I was part of a group who approached Peel over 15yrs ago, and even funded a transport study myself for the Costco and other central dock sites, when some were gladly voting for Kirkby. I also voted for Kings Dock.... so I have also NEVER been de facto stay at Goodison either. That's simply always the benchmark option that alm ithers have to be measured against.

Others mentioned the unused space and potential for increased ticket prices, not me. I merely tried to explain them.

I am also looking forward to it, but at the same time throughout the process I have refused to ignore the financial implications that may jeopardise are whole future.

Let's get something straight. I have NEVER been against this from the off at all. I was part of a group who approached Peel over 15yrs ago, and even funded a transport study myself for the Costco and other central dock sites, when some were gladly voting for Kirkby. I also voted for Kings Dock.... so I have also NEVER been de facto stay at Goodison either. That's simply always the benchmark option that alm ithers have to be measured against.

Others mentioned the unused space and potential for increased ticket prices, not me. I merely tried to explain them.

I am also looking forward to it, but at the same time throughout the process I have refused to ignore the financial implications that may jeopardise are whole future.

Nah sorry mate you were definitely pro goodison in previous posts.

Nah sorry mate you were definitely pro goodison in previous posts.

That doesn't square with voting for Kings Dock and spending several thousand pounds of my own money just on a transport study for a stadium on central docks area before anyone had even heard of BMD, does it?

I'm sorry, but you cannot claim to speak for me! My post regards GP were responses to the mistaken assertions that it could not be redeveloped or that it would be more expensive than BMD. I'd say my reservations regarding BMDs financial model have been more than vindicated.