New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah but I firmly believe they will get darker and look more natural. They are made from actual brick though.
I’m no brick expert, but it is rather striking how visible it is on just that one section, when the pattern runs across adjacent columns. It’s fairly subtle in the initial impressions, but don’t know why that one section would start out so different, or age differently than the ones either side or above it, or indeed any others. If the pattern is just darker bricks, they are being very stealthy on the other sections.

Presume I’m missing something. Treatment applied onto the bricks to give the contrast pattern and only done on one section at the moment? (Caveat - I’ve no idea what I’m talking about)

'Trackless tram' otherwise known as a bendy bus.

Pretty much, aye, but can be more efficient and in many cases are run using lines painted on the ground and GPS location, rather than just free running. Will likely have an ability to prioritise signals for the bus as well for smoother running, improved efficiency and reliability.

Rotherhams.
Not like him to jump straight into buying new transport technologies that have not been used by other authorities previously. The Merseyrail Northern line has been a complete disaster with the new battery trains constantly breaking down. Steve tried to blame it on Stadler, but he's the idiot who jumped in bed with them as a guinea pig to invest heavily in unproven technology.

I mentioned a week or so back that I can envisage difficulties in 53k dispersing from BMD due to the very limited road network, and those being single carriageway. That seemed obvious having been to the site and a cursory view of Google maps. I am not negative about moving, I am very excited about it and can't wait, but any discussion other than isn't everything great to some seems to be committing some sort of treason. I remember at the time you answered by saying something like in the planning it was a bit of let's do it & hope it works out( not a quote). You from this last post seem to have more knowledge than my there obviously seems to be logistical problems ahead. Please say what you think will happen after the first game....unless some sort of rabbit is pulled out of the transport hat
I reckon it'll be fine. Definetly no worse than some stadiums I've been to in London (specifically Wembley and the Olympic stadium). I suspect a large chunk of the fanbase will walk in from town or Sandhills. People going by car will park 10-20 minutes away and will escape on to the A565 or Scotland Rd and won't go anywhere near Regent Rd.

Not really. Can be really effective when used properly.

From what I remember they fave significant issues in fog, heavy rain and snow. Cause dust politics and accelerate the damage to the roads due to the rubber tyres constantly running on the same area/path. Also meant to be uncomfortable.

Also expensive to maintain and a derail not too long ago in China doesn’t bring me much hope.

I’d take it as we do need something, but a rail based tram system on the already left over spaces on the roads to lime st would be brilliant.

Not like him to jump straight into buying new transport technologies that have not been used by other authorities previously. The Merseyrail Northern line has been a complete disaster with the new battery trains constantly breaking down. Steve tried to blame it on Stadler, but he's the idiot who jumped in bed with them as a guinea pig to invest heavily in unproven technology.

I don’t use that line, but I keep seeing cancellations every day towards and from headbolt. Also more and more of the older fleet are being used again.

He can’t really blame Stadler if they delivered what he requested.

Trackless trams are also facing difficulties and only have 2 potential manufacturers with one of them actually moving away from it.

Seems he’s going to make the same mistake again.

I reckon it'll be fine. Definetly no worse than some stadiums I've been to in London (specifically Wembley and the Olympic stadium). I suspect a large chunk of the fanbase will walk in from town or Sandhills. People going by car will park 10-20 minutes away and will escape on to the A565 or Scotland Rd and won't go anywhere near Regent Rd.

Thing I hate about the London stadium is the walk from the station through the shopping centre.

I mentioned a week or so back that I can envisage difficulties in 53k dispersing from BMD due to the very limited road network, and those being single carriageway. That seemed obvious having been to the site and a cursory view of Google maps. I am not negative about moving, I am very excited about it and can't wait, but any discussion other than isn't everything great to some seems to be committing some sort of treason. I remember at the time you answered by saying something like in the planning it was a bit of let's do it & hope it works out( not a quote). You from this last post seem to have more knowledge than my there obviously seems to be logistical problems ahead. Please say what you think will happen after the first game....unless some sort of rabbit is pulled out of the transport hat
I've not read the Traffic & Transport related documents in great detail but from what I have seen it is concluded that there will be minimal impact on the network.

This is of course subject to certain interventions/ mitigation measures being implemented (e.g. soft/hard road closures, parking restrictions, shuttle buses etc etc) along with a number of number of assumptions within the modelling.

I'm not sure where this notion of 'suck it and see' and has come from. You don't get any development let alone a major development like this through Planning and a review by the Secretary of State on this sort of approach. 🙄

There may well be some tweaks required to the mitigation measures following opening to improve traffic/ pedestrian movements, after all it's difficult to predict human behaviour with complete accuracy. However, it's extremely unlikely the whole area is going to be completely gridlocked from day 1 as some people are suggesting.