New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't think they'd do that... it only becomes an issue if people start sitting where they shouldn't, and I think that'd be no more of an issue than it is now, even if you can wander anywhere.
Remember the days when you used to shift ends depending on which end we were attacking?

Not sure I ever did it at Goodison, but defo recall at some of the smaller clubs🤔

Now if you are in the Upper Bullens you are in the Upper Bullens in future much more scope for changing stands. Thinking West Ham away one concourse for fans but endless checking of tickets to ensure people don't get in better areas
Okay, but with no restricted views I think there’s less reason for worry on that front.

I can understand wanting to get closer at West Ham’s disaster of a football stadium with its shallow terracing, but our ground will have good views from every seat.

And if you want a better view, you’re more likely to go to the 2 seats 10 rows down that you can see are empty than chance just sitting wherever you like in a different stand.

Remember the days when you used to shift ends depending on which end we were attacking?

Not sure I ever did it at Goodison, but defo recall at some of the smaller clubs🤔
My dad used to tell me tales of watching Everton behind whatever goal they were attacking at Goodison, wandering round to the other end at half time.

That was the 40s / 50s though I think!

There doesn't appear to be any pattern to how the construction takes place. They seem to be doing the roof and the glazing and other things willy nilly. I'm sure they're not and there's a reason for it. It's not a criticism, just an observation. They're doin an amazing job and it looks fantastic.
Im not a project planner, but there will be nothing willy nilly about it IMO. Of course there will be some critical paths with finishing one things before starting another...but i imagine at this stage there are a huge amount of works that can happen concurrently as one does not affect the other

My dad used to tell me tales of watching Everton behind whatever goal they were attacking at Goodison, wandering round to the other end at half time.

That was the 40s / 50s though I think!
Yeah mine said same, and my Grandad, defo before my time lol.

Used to do it at Haig Ave tho when Southport were at home, when they were in the football league, if Everton were playing away.

I'm not worried. I'm just curious. There are lots of things we do know about the stadium, this one seems to be still unclear or perhaps just not clearly explained. I won't be sitting with everyone I know who is a season ticket holder for various reasons, so I would like to know if the concourse area is open to all, regardless of where you sit and also where you get in, so we can maybe head for the same turnstiles when we have had our last pre-match pint in the fan zone.

I'm sorry, but I think this is pure hyperbole - it's all in the planning documents.

Okay, but with no restricted views I think there’s less reason for worry on that front.

I can understand wanting to get closer at West Ham’s disaster of a football stadium with its shallow terracing, but our ground will have good views from every seat.

And if you want a better view, you’re more likely to go to the 2 seats 10 rows down that you can see are empty than chance just sitting wherever you like in a different

And if you want a better view, you’re more likely to go to the 2 seats 10 rows down that you can see are empty than chance just sitting wherever you like in a different stand.
When you walk half way round the ground to meet your mates for a half time pint , kick off and you all decide to "try" the safe standing !

When you walk half way round the ground to meet your mates for a half time pint , kick off and you all decide to "try" the safe standing !
Yeah, I did think about the safe standing being a potential issue after I posted.

Still, if it doesn't annoy anyone then fair enough. I imagine those fancying safe standing don't mind the thought of a few extra people per row.

If it gets out of hand, then the stewards will step in.

The article states any over 4million and they'd start to receive money for the sponsorship, i'd imagine it'd be 30mill+

West Ham get 50% of anything over £4m p/s.

Article quotes Brady saying there only worth £2m p/s, but imagine that was them trying to negotiate down with the council. London factor and the amount of events on there would exoect it to be a decent enough fee.

The numbering convention of all the documents follows BS1192. Standard BIM protocol.

Yeah I know that but they're not all referenced as such on the planning portal.

A lot of them just have the document title e.g. Design & Access Statement rather than the BIM document reference.

This ground has nearly been the death of us. 2 relegation battles due to being skint, huge debts and now points deduction. Just cant be excited by it. Its a noose around our neck.