New Everton Stadium Discussion

That's fine, you thought it was small and still is small. Let's see what others think now over the next few weeks to see if you are in the majority or minority.

Here is something to just help gauge for those that can't wait...

View attachment 220153
It is not small. It appears some people want the symmetrical bowl with two big end stands. I like the design

We wish they had done that much on Friday! Unfortunately that was my dodgy edit, I even pasted straight over the crane. :)
Thanks for the footage it’s been great to show my elderly father what’s going on at the dock
He used to work there as a young man !

We met at west Kirby tip when it was just sand on the ground !!
Keep up the good work

Thanks for the footage it’s been great to show my elderly father what’s going on at the dock
He used to work there as a young man !

We met at west Kirby tip when it was just sand on the ground !!
Keep up the good work

I'm just posting other people's hard work mate. Happy to hear that these are helping your old man, must be great to have something to reminisce about like that.

You get grief because you seemingly lie in wait for someone to say something that you can respond to in a cold way.
We are trying to fall in love with this place because like it or not it's our new home for several decades to come warts & all. Love can't be quantified by numbers & we know it's not a perfect stadium.

If my wife is trying on a new dress & asks if her bum looks big in this? It's a reflex to say "No dear, you look lovely". Keeps the peace regardless of the truth.

I get the feeling that if your missus asks if her bum looks big in this, you will say "Yes dear, it does" & then carry on whilst comparing her ass to her younger, more successful sisters ass.
You will be sleeping on the sofa.
About 10 years ago I was round my mates house, and his missus was upstairs getting ready for a night out. She came downstairs and asked him “does this dress make me look fat?”. Without even looking at her he said “no love, it’s all the fat that makes you look fat”. Believe it or not they’re still together.

I'm just posting other people's hard work mate. Happy to hear that these are helping your old man, must be great to have something to reminisce about like that.
It is mate
He stopped going the game 2 seasons ago due to health issues

He worked on the docks his whole working life nearly 50 years for Mersey docks and harbour company and later peel ports

He saw all the changes from it being vibrant and booming to it becoming a wasteland

Still remembers what every building houses and what was on each plot nowadays

It is mate
He stopped going the game 2 seasons ago due to health issues

He worked on the docks his whole working life nearly 50 years for Mersey docks and harbour company and later peel ports

He saw all the changes from it being vibrant and booming to it becoming a wasteland

Still remembers what every building houses and what was on each plot nowadays

Hopefully the sparkle and passion comes flooding back when he speaks about it.

What steepness is the North stand? That new lower section doesnt look steep?
What is the highest rake your legally allowed and is any part of the new ground close to itM

Right now I am determined to just enjoy the competent progress on the build.

When we are in it we can decide on how well it works in terms of atmosphere and facilities. Until then everything is pure conjecture, with varying degrees of insight and different types of bias. Everybody is entitled to their view.

We cannot build a squad but at least it seems we can build a stadium. I take every small win I can with Everton these days.
Well we can sucessfully contract it out to a competent building company to fully manage. Fortunately the board are not involved in the project management of the stadium - just scrambling around trying to pay each installment. If they were involved in the project management it would be a guaranteed cluster!

So that staircase has been removed?

I seen that design , it also had a big entrance into the stadium which looked pretty impressive. I didn't know that was removed 😳

The west stand plaza (certainly not a "staircase" FFS) as far as I'm aware hasn't been removed the photo being shown is one of the earlier designs that was altered after consultation.

Don't think it was down to budget mate.

More to do with the height restrictions imposed during the Planning Permission application
, even the roof was lowered to accommodate this.

But if that's what it took to get through Planning Permission , I'm more than fine with that.

I disagree I think it was entirely down to budget. The height restrictions may have meant a lower roof but the plans were afoot for 60,000 and suddenly the club
wheeled out the smaller design (the altered version of the west stand that was not 3 tiered and a slightly smaller south stand to boot). Money and lack of
backbone.

I I can imagine the titanic will be book only on match days, one to not cause crowds on match day to the best of the paying customers.

I'm guessing the club already has some close agreement with them as all new signings etc stay there. Lookman was there for a whilez
The squad stays there on night before home games. Never thought of the booking aspect, my chips are decidedly soggy
Also I was opposed to the 52k capacity, but in hindsight they would add significant costs for essentially the cheapest seats in the ground. Unless they added a bar or something at the top maybe?

Binman DID ask the specific question. I answered it and explained my reasoning. Not contrary, just factual.
There appears to be some sensitive souls on here.
Excited? Yes, I probably visit the site more than most commenting here..... but that doesn't make the North Stand any bigger.
I believe, when everything is taken into account, this is going to be the best stadium in the Premier League. Do you agree Tom? And if not, could you name the stadiums that are better and give brief reasons why? Yes Spurs have a better innner bowl, but I am including location, fan areas, aesthetics, everything here. It'll be the best in the league.