New Everton Stadium Discussion

FYI this is the image I see every now and then, which isn't the same as what we're getting. Needs to stop being shared.

View attachment 220145
I get ya. But honestly it's going to be amazing

Again, not being negative , I just feel we could/should of gone that bit bigger. There's no doubt in my mind we wouldn't struggle to sell tickets. But, I guess it was the budget we had. So in that case, we should all be very very grateful

I get ya. But honestly it's going to be amazing

Again, not being negative , I just feel we could/should of gone that bit bigger. There's no doubt in my mind we wouldn't struggle to sell tickets. But, I guess it was the budget we had. So in that case, we should all be very very grateful
Don't think it was down to budget mate.

More to do with the height restrictions imposed during the Planning Permission application , even the roof was lowered to accommodate this.

But if that's what it took to get through Planning Permission , I'm more than fine with that.

More to do with the height restrictions imposed during the Planning Permission application , even the roof was lowered to accommodate this.

But if that's what it took to get through Planning Permission , I'm more than fine with that.

Yeah it was a lot wider and lower than what was originally put forward, but world heritage took the title away from the city anyway.

Agh, I think your right. I remember reading something in this.

You never know, we actually could end up buying the land around us, and even fill more docks to expand. I'm sure there are people on here who could maybe have more knowledge on this. I'm purely guessing. But the thought is awesome

Yeah it was a lot wider and lower than what was originally put forward, but world heritage took the title away from the city anyway.
Yes... I think that's what I read

They weren't too keen in the first place. But maybe, when they see how much positivity and benefits it brings to the area, they might actually be a bit more persuasive?

Yes... I think that's what I read

They weren't too keen in the first place. But maybe, when they see how much positivity and benefits it brings to the area, they might actually be a bit more persuasive?

Originally there was no stair case on the west stand, and it had a huge concourse area with a built in car park.

From what I remember the club mitigated their feedback by adding the stair case which removed a lot of facilities including the internal car park. I like the staircase but would have good to know what we've missed out on.

Here's the original design for the west stand:

IMG_0327.jpeg

Originally there was no stair case on the west stand, and it had a huge concourse area with a built in car park.

From what I remember the club mitigated their feedback by adding the stair case which removed a lot of facilities including the internal car park. I like the staircase but would have good to know what we've missed out on.

View attachment 220146
So that staircase has been removed?

I seen that design , it also had a big entrance into the stadium which looked pretty impressive. I didn't know that was removed 😳

So that staircase has been removed?

I seen that design , it also had a big entrance into the stadium which looked pretty impressive. I didn't know that was removed 😳

Think you're a bit confused mate. The big staircase is the new one, it's not really a big entrance just more of an "easier on the eye" and somewhere for fans to sit. It eliminated about a third of the original build.

This is the one we're getting.

Looks much better but who knows what we've missed out on?

Attachments

• IMG_0328.jpeg
    IMG_0328.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 213
Think you're a bit confused mate. The big staircase is the new one, it's not really a big entrance just more of an "easier on the eye" and somewhere for fans to sit. It eliminated about a third of the original build.

This is the one we're getting.

Looks much better but who knows what we've missed out on?
Yes, I was mistaken.

That imo looks brilliant

View attachment 220146

The design above was I believe the 2nd iteration, the first was more similar to what we have now but without the outside terracing and a multi storey car park separately built right by the river.

Out of the three I liked this one the least, the non symmetrical nature of it just made it look lopsided. I wouldn't worry on missing out as if you think of how big a car park is most of the extra interior space by the enlarged West stand would have been taken up by that.

You get grief because you seemingly lie in wait for someone to say something that you can respond to in a cold way.
We are trying to fall in love with this place because like it or not it's our new home for several decades to come warts & all. Love can't be quantified by numbers & we know it's not a perfect stadium.

If my wife is trying on a new dress & asks if her bum looks big in this? It's a reflex to say "No dear, you look lovely". Keeps the peace regardless of the truth.

I get the feeling that if your missus asks if her bum looks big in this, you will say "Yes dear, it does" & then carry on whilst comparing her ass to her younger, more successful sisters ass.
You will be sleeping on the sofa.
Tbf, it's more likely he'll compare it to his Nans

Why did you have to compare it to anything? You didn't need to.

You know why the stand is smaller than the others, because a bigger one wouldn't fit due to the space constraints/ orientation of the stadium so why keep harping on about it??

Because Binman specifically asked if anyone still thought it was small. No harping at all, the question was asked. Comparisons are for context....

You're being deliberately contrary and you know it Tom.

The "somebody asked a question" card doesn't cut it anymore. You clearly lie in wait for somebody to leave the door ajar and in you sweep to piss all over everyone's chips.

Are you still claiming you are as "excited as anyone" about this stadium? As previously stated, it absolutely does not come across in your posts. The vaults won't lie.

Binman DID ask the specific question. I answered it and explained my reasoning. Not contrary, just factual.
There appears to be some sensitive souls on here.
Excited? Yes, I probably visit the site more than most commenting here..... but that doesn't make the North Stand any bigger.

Binman DID ask the specific question. I answered it and explained my reasoning. Not contrary, just factual.
There appears to be some sensitive souls on here.
Excited? Yes, I probably visit the site more than most commenting here..... but that doesn't make the North Stand any bigger.

That's fine, you thought it was small and still is small. Let's see what others think now over the next few weeks to see if you are in the majority or minority.

Here is something to just help gauge for those that can't wait...

New north stand.jpg

Last edited: