New Everton Stadium Discussion

What are you on about? Someone asked a question, I responded directly. Nothing whatsoever was bitter nor childish, just a simple facts.
I think it was the bracketed "(just 3 rows more than the park end)" line, which was wholly unnecessary to the conversation. Especially since a) we already know the North Stand is the smaller of the 4 stands, and b) the capacity is almost double that of the park end (10,500 to 5,700)... And yes, i know it has corners.

You may not have meant it this way, but it just came across like a back handed compliment, that was more of a slight on the design, in response to people talking about its obvious scale.

I think it was the bracketed "(just 3 rows more than the park end)" line, which was wholly unnecessary to the conversation. Especially since a) we already know the North Stand is the smaller of the 4 stands, and b) the capacity is almost double that of the park end (10,500 to 5,700)... And yes, i know it has corners.

You may not have meant it this way, but it just came across like a back handed compliment, that was more of a slight on the design, in response to people talking about its obvious scale.

I could've said it is approx 10 rows less than the old Anfield Rd, did anyone think that was a big stand pre-expansion?

I could've asked if there was a smaller end stand at any other 50k+ capacity stadium in the UK? Yes, it has good scale, and the corners add significant capacity, but it is no bigger than I expected it to be.

Right now I am determined to just enjoy the competent progress on the build.

When we are in it we can decide on how well it works in terms of atmosphere and facilities. Until then everything is pure conjecture, with varying degrees of insight and different types of bias. Everybody is entitled to their view.

We cannot build a squad but at least it seems we can build a stadium. I take every small win I can with Everton these days.

I could've said it is approx 10 rows less than the old Anfield Rd, did anyone think that was a big stand pre-expansion?

I could've asked if there was a smaller end stand at any other 50k+ capacity stadium in the UK? Yes, it has good scale, and the corners add significant capacity, but it is no bigger than I expected it to be.

Why did you have to compare it to anything? You didn't need to.

You know why the stand is smaller than the others, because a bigger one wouldn't fit due to the space constraints/ orientation of the stadium so why keep harping on about it??

You could have said there are still rows to be added to the front. Its going to be even bigger.

You couldve said they havent even installed the seats yet, just wait till its finished to get a true picture of its size.

You chose the Neg deliberately, and it wasnt asked for or needed.

People were talking about a scale that they have struggled to imagine based on previously available footage, and how much bigger it is, especially when people have previously compared it to that weird end at Brighton for example.

A lot of people havent had the pleasure/opportunity to visit in person to get a true sense of the development and pictures dont always do it justice.

You could have said there are still rows to be added to the front. Its going to be even bigger.

You couldve said they havent even installed the seats yet, just wait till its finished to get a true picture of its size.

You chose the Neg deliberately, and it wasnt asked for or needed.

People were talking about a scale that they have struggled to imagine based on previously available footage, and how much bigger it is, especially when people have previously compared it to that weird end at Brighton for example.

A lot of people havent had the pleasure/opportunity to visit in person to get a true sense of the development and pictures dont always do it justice.

Exactly mate, doesn't matter how many people sit in it, it's the scale. For instance the Juventus stadium will have an even smaller stand(s) in terms of capacity but it still looks impressive due to the steep rake. Same applies here.

And that comparison to the Brighton end is exactly what I mean, we've also seen the Aviva mentioned! Before the terracing started to come down to pitch level people might look just at the concrete coloured parts and think 'yeah that is quite small', now you can start to really see just how imposing our little stand is before we even think about how the one opposite will look.

Unless you have some sort of personal driven agenda, I fail to see how anybody can criticise what is coming out of the sand at BMD. Each to there own I suppose.

I think this is a very closed-minded opinion. But then again "each to their own". It's all very well batting off the odd negative comments but you know, some fans,
like it or not, have differing opinions, and some fans (including me) don't think the stadium is big enough. I've not been in awe of the stadium but it's going to be great going forward in a great location. As for the capacity, sure - someone will come on and tell me 52k is just right and we'd never fill 60k + and fine it's their opinion. Okay it's coming out the ground now as you put it and it's going to be our new home in less than 18 months, we have to embrace it. In fact there's a lot to thank Moshiri (or Everton) for that this is happening and it's not your basic bowl. (My praise stops there BTW). That said it could have been bigger. Even watching the east & west stands I think, 'we could easily build another tier on top'. Maybe one day that will happen like they develop the Etihad and the Pit.

You're being deliberately contrary and you know it Tom.

The "somebody asked a question" card doesn't cut it anymore. You clearly lie in wait for somebody to leave the door ajar and in you sweep to piss all over everyone's chips.

Are you still claiming you are as "excited as anyone" about this stadium? As previously stated, it absolutely does not come across in your posts. The vaults won't lie.

View attachment 219806
What an absolute eyesore.

To use a car metaphor....

Bramley Moore Dock stadium.

NAZ_d297bf8809754788932a8e0c678180f0.webp

The RS hand me down mega-loft conversion stadium.

homer-simpsons.gif

I think this is a very closed-minded opinion. But then again "each to their own". It's all very well batting off the odd negative comments but you know, some fans,
like it or not, have differing opinions, and some fans (including me) don't think the stadium is big enough. I've not been in awe of the stadium but it's going to be great going forward in a great location. As for the capacity, sure - someone will come on and tell me 52k is just right and we'd never fill 60k + and fine it's their opinion. Okay it's coming out the ground now as you put it and it's going to be our new home in less than 18 months, we have to embrace it. In fact there's a lot to thank Moshiri (or Everton) for that this is happening and it's not your basic bowl. (My praise stops there BTW). That said it could have been bigger. Even watching the east & west stands I think, 'we could easily build another tier on top'. Maybe one day that will happen like they develop the Etihad and the Pit.
Should have thrown a couple of buckets of sand in the dock next door and made it 150k. Of course we could have made that 160 with a bit of forward thinking. The stadium being built looks excellent

Tbh, I also think it should of been bigger. As much as im buzzin about it, I'm still a little disappointed we didn't stick to the original plan with the 3 tears. Thats not to say im negative or ungrateful, im truly happy with it , but a little part of me wishes we went a bit bigger.

Tbh, I also think it should have been bigger. As much as im buzzin about it, I'm still a little disappointed we didn't stick to the original plan with the 3 tears. Thats not to say im negative or ungrateful, im truly happy with it , but a little part of me wishes we went a bit bigger.
I have a feeling the missus had the same viewpoint, but we’re coming up to 40 years next week