New Everton Stadium Discussion

Spurs had to move mid-season because of the Wembley rent, its a different proposition
Spurs had extended their lease agreement to the end of the season due to the complications/ issues with obtaining the necessary safety certificate (or something like that). So they didn't have to move when they did, it could have waited until the end of the season.

I think Pochettino came out around the time and said they wanted to move in ASAP, even if it was for the last game of the season.

You think promoters care one jot about how aesthetically pleasing a stadium would look?

They care about location in terms of infrastructure and audience, but all that matters in reality is capacity/% of ticket sales.

Whoever is responsible for selling the stadium on a non match day will have a tough challenge when it comes to attracting promoters for concerts.

We will just have to wait and see then, I feel it will make a difference.

How many concerts have there been at the Arsenal and Tottenham stadiums?

In an earlier post I asked whether there would be any home ground advantage when we move to BDM. I'm thinking about a situation
where we're in the bottom half and facing a possible relegation struggle and moving out of Goodison mid-season.
Spurs have had a few big boxing events

I think Spurs moved mid season didn't they?

I think we'll move mid season out of necessity.
They at least had a good team.
Goodison kept us up last season
4 of Dyches 5 wins came at Goodison season just gone

assuming we lower bottom half when ready would it Make sense to move out. Don’t most teams take a while to get used to new home?!

On the stadium move,
they'll definitely move mid season.
They'll move the minute health and safety clears the place for use.

On concerts, there are 3 bigger stadiums near by but none as well located as BMD.
I think the newer facilities and location give BMD the edge at hosting larger concerts.
I presume the club will have outsourced event management (other than football) there.

Don’t know.
But the Etihad, Old Trafford (cricket), Anfield, even Leigh RLFC have all hosted big concerts in recent times.

Everton or BMD would need to fight hard, very hard to get on the accredited venue listing for the north west for any/all of the major concert/event promoters.
Some positive signs

On the stadium move,

On concerts, there are 3 bigger stadiums near by but none as well located as BMD.
I think the newer facilities and location give BMD the edge at hosting larger concerts.
I presume the club will have outsourced event management (other than football) there.

Most sports stadiums have restrictions on their concert usage cos most are near residential property. Hence there is always demand for large venues. Sake, even 24000 Ashton Gate has had The Stones, The Who, Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart play there.

Don’t know.
But the Etihad, Old Trafford (cricket), Anfield, even Leigh RLFC have all hosted big concerts in recent times.

Everton or BMD would need to fight hard, very hard to get on the accredited venue listing for the north west for any/all of the major concert/event promoters.
Positive signs in that bramley Moore dock has been chosen in the uk& Ireland UEFA euro 2028 bid

Most sports stadiums have restrictions on their concert usage cos most are near residential property. Hence there is always demand for large venues. Sake, even 24000 Ashton Gate has had The Stones, The Who, Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart play there.
I'm sure as part of the planning approval we're only allowed TWO non-football related events per year at Bramley Moore. Something like that.

On the stadium move,

Not to mention there are many artists, there will be plenty of concerts on offer.