New Everton Stadium Discussion

Can you imagine all these massive events taking place without first being christened by watching us play at our stadium? All the RS going in and sitting in the seats before us doesn't sit right to me and how many big concerts can you have in a stadium like that anyhow? There are only a few artists that can fill something that size and there is a lot of competition venue wise. We might get one or two, is that going to be enough to balance the books...probably not. You're right though about the corporate events that could take place in the lounges and tours etc. which will provide a steady amount.

I believe once the stadium is actually ready our feelings towards Goodison might change, yes there are parts that won't want it to ever end but I think the excitement of having the new stadium will take over and we'll be wondering why we are sitting here with 10 home games left when that is just down the road fully finished. My hope is there is either a delay in the stadium that pushes it almost to the end of the 24/25 season anyhow so we see out the remaining few left at Goodison, or it is well ahead of schedule enabling us to play 3 or 4 away games at the start of the season and move in after the international break in September 2024.

I'm just not sure what happens if it's ready between say October and February...
I agree.

Nothing makes obvious sense if the stadium is finished in December.

Can you imagine all these massive events taking place without first being christened by watching us play at our stadium? All the RS going in and sitting in the seats before us doesn't sit right to me and how many big concerts can you have in a stadium like that anyhow? There are only a few artists that can fill something that size and there is a lot of competition venue wise. We might get one or two, is that going to be enough to balance the books...probably not. You're right though about the corporate events that could take place in the lounges and tours etc. which will provide a steady amount.

I believe once the stadium is actually ready our feelings towards Goodison might change, yes there are parts that won't want it to ever end but I think the excitement of having the new stadium will take over and we'll be wondering why we are sitting here with 10 home games left when that is just down the road fully finished. My hope is there is either a delay in the stadium that pushes it almost to the end of the 24/25 season anyhow so we see out the remaining few left at Goodison, or it is well ahead of schedule enabling us to play 3 or 4 away games at the start of the season and move in after the international break in September 2024.

I'm just not sure what happens if it's ready between say October and February...
That of course is pre-supposing that anybody within the club has had the foresight to contact and schmooze any or all of the major concert promoters.
As you say there are a limited number of acts that can attract huge crowds, a limited number of available dates… and already enough venues with a proven track record of hosting such events.

That of course is pre-supposing that anybody within the club has had the foresight to contact and schmooze any or all of the major concert promoters.
As you say there are a limited number of acts that can attract huge crowds, a limited number of available dates… and already enough venues with a proven track record of hosting such events.
How many concerts have there been at the Arsenal and Tottenham stadiums?

In an earlier post I asked whether there would be any home ground advantage when we move to BDM. I'm thinking about a situation
where we're in the bottom half and facing a possible relegation struggle and moving out of Goodison mid-season.

If you haven't got a moving pitch, it is probably unlikely that you'd have concerts mid season, as the pitch would need time for recovery. Unless of course you delay opening for footy till the following season. Most trial events are relatively low key affairs. Normally just Familiarisation exercises for staff and few thousand season ticket holders, similar for conference/lounge facilities.

That would build up to larger events to test transport infrastructure and any traffic management issues.

How many concerts have there been at the Arsenal and Tottenham stadiums?

In an earlier post I asked whether there would be any home ground advantage when we move to BDM. I'm thinking about a situation
where we're in the bottom half and facing a possible relegation struggle and moving out of Goodison mid-season.
Don’t know.
But the Etihad, Old Trafford (cricket), Anfield, even Leigh RLFC have all hosted big concerts in recent times.

Everton or BMD would need to fight hard, very hard to get on the accredited venue listing for the north west for any/all of the major concert/event promoters.

If heard already in the pipeline the very first public show is...Blood Brothers for the first 4 weeks, followed by Joseph's Technicoloured Raincoat for a further six weeks. By then the Football Season will be over and we will kick off in our slightly older stadium in 2025/ 26 season.