New Everton Stadium Discussion

Leaving a stadium sitting empty that might be ready by say November doesn't seem like a goer to me.

Another way to look at that is we could potentially be making aditional money from it while we still play our remaining games at Goodison till the end of the season. Events, concerts, etc, which may not be possible at Goodison, certainly on match day weekends. They could start making money from the restaurants and conferencing facilities, stadium tours, etc, perhaps even try a couple of those big screen away games, u23 games, womens games, etc?

Id prefer a full season and a real send off event for Goodison. We can wait a few months.

Another way to look at that is we could potentially be making aditional money from it while we still play our remaining games at Goodison till the end of the season. Events, concerts, etc, which may not be possible at Goodison, certainly on match day weekends. They could start making money from the restaurants and conferencing facilities, stadium tours, etc, perhaps even try a couple of those big screen away games, u23 games, womens games, etc?

Id prefer a full season and a real send off event for Goodison. We can wait a few months.

Can you imagine all these massive events taking place without first being christened by watching us play at our stadium? All the RS going in and sitting in the seats before us doesn't sit right to me and how many big concerts can you have in a stadium like that anyhow? There are only a few artists that can fill something that size and there is a lot of competition venue wise. We might get one or two, is that going to be enough to balance the books...probably not. You're right though about the corporate events that could take place in the lounges and tours etc. which will provide a steady amount.

I believe once the stadium is actually ready our feelings towards Goodison might change, yes there are parts that won't want it to ever end but I think the excitement of having the new stadium will take over and we'll be wondering why we are sitting here with 10 home games left when that is just down the road fully finished. My hope is there is either a delay in the stadium that pushes it almost to the end of the 24/25 season anyhow so we see out the remaining few left at Goodison, or it is well ahead of schedule enabling us to play 3 or 4 away games at the start of the season and move in after the international break in September 2024.

I'm just not sure what happens if it's ready between say October and February...

I want us to move ASAP, so mid-season would be fine.

I think it will need the agreement of the other clubs, but Spurs got agreement, so I don't see why we wouldn't.

Does it matter if the last game is in November or in May? If anything, a November game takes away the risk of it being a game that confirms our relegation.

The send off will be everyone gets in the ground an hour early, couple of speeches from a few ex-players, a couple of famous goals scored at GP on the screen and a lap of honour at the end and if it's dark, probably fireworks (blue of course) I can't think of any reason why that couldn't be done in December just as well as May.

I don’t think the prem will allow clubs to move grounds once the seasons began. I’m sure there was a problem when spurs finally moved as the other clubs had complained that the oppo who had played them at Wembley had an advantage over those who had to play them at NWHL.

I don’t think the prem will allow clubs to move grounds once the seasons began. I’m sure there was a problem when spurs finally moved as the other clubs had complained that the oppo who had played them at Wembley had an advantage over those who had to play them at NWHL.
The Premier League would need to be informed at the beginning of the season I think, we couldn't just decide half way through we're now suddenly going to switch to BM. There's a rule around informing them where your home games are going to be played each season so we'd have to advise them early doors, and get approval to, using both Goodison and Bramley Moore.

The Premier League would need to be informed at the beginning of the season I think, we couldn't just decide half way through we're now suddenly going to switch to BM. There's a rule around informing them where your home games are going to be played each season so we'd have to advise them early doors, and get approval to, using both Goodison and Bramley Moore.
I think some teams have asked for a delay in playing home games at the start of the season, usually only one or two games but maybe we could ask the league to play all our away games in the first half of the season 😂