New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think what people are saying is that the club currently is valued nowhere near the cost of the stadium and the owner's total investment to date. If we are relegated, this already substantial gap widens massively..... so if he wants out, there is no prospect of the owner ever recouping that investment as things stand..... whereas, if his pal was still getting naming rights and if finance had been secured he could've got his cash back.

This could then mean that the stadium and club get split into separate saleable entities. Thus introducing the THEORETICAL POSSIBILITY that he could sell the stadium to LFC, if that was more lucrative for him. Reversing the historic process that took place in 1892.

Of course, LFC have spent quite a bit on Anfield and BMD is nowhere near big enough for them, but if the new stadium isn't owned by the club, we will always be beholden to the wishes of a third party who only have one other potential customer for their new facility.

We stay at GP or transfer blue seats to Anfield, offered as a sweetner...... haha.
All bonkers I know, but so is the whole financial model of this stadium the way things are looking.

I understand that currently our worth and what he has invested currently don't meet and would get worse in the championship. That makes it even less likely he would try and sell the stadium separately imho, a buyer isn't going to pay the full total of the build as without owning the club that is devalued. The club without a stadium would be devalued. In this case he may as well take a 500-600 million offer for the whole club and lose the 400m(?) that way rather than split it out and do the same. As I said unless we are stupid enough to sign a cast iron contract that we'd stay for xx number of years regardless of rising costs (which i don't know how we could possibly agree to at the moment), it wouldn't give the buyer any security that they aren't left with a white elephant. If it falls through as a stadium they would have to return the land back to a dock, it's not like they own a prime piece of real estate. That leaves them with trying to flog it to the RS and if that works we would get a stadium for one hundred million or less as that would be the highest offer they could hope to receive for Anfield. So least we have a plan B if that ever did occur.

If Moshiri is brassic, can't find an investor to share the risk and wants out he will sell quickly once the stadium is built. If the top man says don't worry about the cash at the moment then they'll keep us as asset, over the next 3 or so years we'll sort out our wage bill, hopefully be still in the Premier League or have come back up and that one billion price may be obtainable.

If the stadium doesn’t belong to Everton football club. Then there really isn’t any point. Would be better to just stay at Goodison. The only bright light about Everton at present was this stadium and the hope of a better future but if the stadium is sold to a third party for Everton to rent from then there won’t be no bright future. I am at the point where I can’t even get excited about this because our future is so uncertain.
It belongs to EFC

People losing their heads or trying to be edgy

Some are still butt hurt because we didn’t redevelop Goodison

Has anyone provided any factual evidence that we are selling to LFC/FSG or anyone ?

If so please post the link and not some sketchy kopite Daily fail journos either

Of course we're not sellling to LFC or FSG, or anybody really. The ground will remain ours, as to sell us without the ground would be a huge loss to anybody, probably outweighing the valuation that he would demand selling us with a ground.

Exactly

Morshiri would sell club and ground should he choose to as club without a ground is just non starter

Who would buy a football club with no stadium ? So if he does sell ( he says he won’t ) it would be both club with ground.

NSP capital investment is supposed to plug the funding gap and if it falls through he can fund it himself as he has said numerous times.

It belongs to EFC

Has anyone provided any factual evidence that we are selling to LFC/FSG or anyone ?

If so please post the link and not some sketchy kopite Daily fail journos either
Exactly

Morshiri would sell club and ground should he choose to as club without a ground is just non starter

Who would buy a football club with no stadium ? So if he does sell ( he says he won’t ) it would be both club with ground.

NSP capital investment is supposed to plug the funding gap and if it falls through he can fund it himself as he has said numerous times.

Someone bought Man City without them owning their stadium..... in fact they were bought twice. Multiple European clubs do not own their stadia.

If he has to pay for the whole stadium build, he'll be £500-760m down on the stadium alone...... and perhaps the same again (or more) on the rest of his investment in shares and players etc. Making him well north of £1bn in. The stadium is one way to package the club for a sale, but I'm not sure that anyone values it anywhere near that total even including a shiny new ground, and significantly less again if we are relegated.

Therefore, what you're actually saying is that you think Moshiri will sell the lot at a massive loss out of the goodness of his heart. You might be right. Or he may well split the sale so any incoming owners need only invest in the team and he can rent the stadium or sell separately if/when it suits.

maybe the counci will give us a boss deal like they did with finch farm what was it a 13 mill training ground sold and rented back for a million a year for 40 years ! kenwrights stability a

Someone bought Man City without them owning their stadium..... in fact they were bought twice. Multiple European clubs do not own their stadia.

It's quite a bit different though isn't it. Both them and west ham have peppercorn rents, city get all the naming rights money. It works perfectly for the clubs.

Renting from a private company who expects a proper return on what they've paid out does not.

It's quite a bit different though isn't it. Both them and west ham have peppercorn rents, city get all the naming rights money. It works perfectly for the clubs.

Renting from a private company who expects a proper return on what they've paid out does not.

I never said it works perfectly for the club (far from it), just that it isn't without precedent for a club to be sold without owning its stadium.... However, the alternative is that Moshiri takes a massive hit of several hundred million, or practically the lot if we're relegated. Which might be the case.

So, the only way he might recoup some of that stadium investment might be to rent the stadium, sell its naming rights, claim other income streams etc until the club's fortunes change.

It belongs to EFC

You can’t definitely say EFC will own the stadium if the club were in a position to be sold.

All sorts of weird arrangements happen in massive business deals. For all we know, Moshiri could sell the stadium to an entertainments venue company and the football club to an investor who is perfectly happy to rent the stadium.

You can’t definitely say EFC will own the stadium if the club were in a position to be sold.

All sorts of weird arrangements happen in massive business deals. For all we know, Moshiri could sell the stadium to an entertainments venue company and the football club to an investor who is perfectly happy to rent the stadium.

Been saying this for ages but apparently I'm getting told that can't happen. Nothing would surprise me.

You can’t say either

At the moment the club owns the stadium and as owner of EFC he owns both entities.

That’s the facts as they are and until something comes to light it’s a better bet that’s what will happen should he decide to sell unless something else comes to light.