New Everton Stadium Discussion

Back to the drone videos uploaded today, did anybody notice that the concrete terracing on the east stand now seems to be completed all the way down to the pitch? It looks like there is a concrete wall about maybe 10/12 foot high at the bottom. If I am right, it gives an indication how low down the concrete will go on the other 3 sides.

That's the difficulty mate with typing on a forum as opposed to face to face, the chances of the RS taking over is remote to say the least, however far stranger things have happened and there's no way as a championship side we'd be playing there if Moshiri decides his time's up here. I'm not straight faced saying the RS are moving in, more just accepting that anything could happen if we go down, yet it's hard to convey that in type.

I genuinely don’t think a stranger thing has ever happened in football history. That would top the list.

No doubt mate however when it comes to a mad man like Moshiri - what defines being realistic ?

If I had told you 5 years ago that he would be funding the entire stadium build himself (currently) you would laugh in my face and call me unrealistic yet here we are.

You also have an interesting side story of BMD being included in the Euro 28 bid. The British Government will want this ground built and I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if they turned a blind eye to a certain Uzbek sending Moshiri some dough from an offshore haven if required to complete the ground if needed - they literally pushed through the Saudi takeover of Newcastle as it suited their own needs.

As Cesar said - there are no friends or enemies just interests.
Why would Usmanov pour money into the UK when he already has had his UK assets frozen?

The stadium will be built, I don’t doubt that as it’s too far along in the build . It would cost more to take it down, pay any outstanding monies to the contractors and fill the dock back in. Wouldn’t make economic sense.

The issue will be, who will own the stadium when it’s built. When we go down, I say when as for me it’s over, we may have no choice to sell the stadium to a third party. This is to ensure the stadium not only gets completed, but the club can stay operational financially.

We may have no other choice.
I think Moshiri would keep the stadium and sell the club mate to be honest if the worst happens. I think it'd be a hard sell and he'd end up as our long term landlord. What a mess.

I think Moshiri would keep the stadium and sell the club mate to be honest if the worst happens. I think it'd be a hard sell and he'd end up as our long term landlord. What a mess.
It might be easier to sell the stadium than sell the club though. The club don’t make a profit whereas you might get a slight one from the stadium.

If we do sell the stadium off to a third party, they would get a slice of all cash generated through stadium sponsorship, match day takings and any other commercial activities (concerts that sort of thing). They would more than likely have to pay the upkeep of the ground but would get rent from us for playing at the ground. The obvious issue of this happening being our revenue generated from the ground would be reduced. Which was the whole point of building it in the first place, increasing our revenue.

What a mess indeed.

the splitting off of the stadium from the club would only be a likely outcome if the owner wants to remain owner of the club but needed finance and th stadium therefore is a saleable asset. Otherwise it is a stupid option, who would buy the club without a stadium? Even with an agreement, these arrangements can change for the worse and the new club owner is left with a white elephant.
Whilst Moshiri has been hopeless as an owner, I suspect that is because he loves football and wanted to play Football Manager for real, getting too involved in transfers. I don't think he would want the obliteration of Everton FC against his name. He may want out but I don't think he would see us off to destruction so he could get some cash back

the splitting off of the stadium from the club would only be a likely outcome if the owner wants to remain owner of the club but needed finance and th stadium therefore is a saleable asset. Otherwise it is a stupid option, who would buy the club without a stadium? Even with an agreement, these arrangements can change for the worse and the new club owner is left with a white elephant.
Whilst Moshiri has been hopeless as an owner, I suspect that is because he loves football and wanted to play Football Manager for real, getting too involved in transfers. I don't think he would want the obliteration of Everton FC against his name. He may want out but I don't think he would see us off to destruction so he could get some cash back

Moshiri loves football? Haha what? I bet he couldn’t name 5 of our players.

Back to the drone videos uploaded today, did anybody notice that the concrete terracing on the east stand now seems to be completed all the way down to the pitch? It looks like there is a concrete wall about maybe 10/12 foot high at the bottom. If I am right, it gives an indication how low down the concrete will go on the other 3 sides.

I'm 99.9% certain there is still more rows to be built mate because I've counted the rows previously and it's still short of its completed number. I think that's just part of the build and at the end the final rows will then be added. I'm sure there's at least another 10 rows to be added but I'll need to find the initial plans I had where I could count the rows. The bottom tier has a similar amount of rows to the top tier so if you can count the top row, that'll give you an idea of how many are left to do in the bottom tier

Edit, just to confirm @Dr Baxter there is definitely still about another 7 rows more to be added.

Last edited: