New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm 99.9% certain there is still more rows to be built mate because I've counted the rows previously and it's still short of its completed number. I think that's just part of the build and at the end the final rows will then be added. I'm sure there's at least another 10 rows to be added but I'll need to find the initial plans I had where I could count the rows. The bottom tier has a similar amount of rows to the top tier so if you can count the top row, that'll give you an idea of how many are left to do in the bottom tier

Edit, just to confirm @Dr Baxter there is definitely still about another 7 rows more to be added.
^^ Top sleuthing. Thanks for posting.

Remember....they think it's more special than any other stadium in the universe.

This. And don't forget if Goodison has already been knocked down who would be moving back to Anfield. They would rather die than hand us the keys.

Also people who think we would sell the stadium off to a third party are just speculating. Who wants to own a stadium where if the club walks away who exactly is going to move into it to continue paying the rent? It doesn't make sense to either the buyer or the seller. Remembering who actually paid out for all this in the first place and unless that link is proven and then confiscated, they would be happier to sit on this until the club is in a position to be sold at or at least around the price they paid for it. Inflation and future TV money rises would eventually make that happen.

This. And don't forget if Goodison has already been knocked down who would be moving back to Anfield. They would rather die than hand us the keys.

Also people who think we would sell the stadium off to a third party are just speculating. Who wants to own a stadium where if the club walks away who exactly is going to move into it to continue paying the rent? It doesn't make sense to either the buyer or the seller. Remembering who actually paid out for all this in the first place and unless that link is proven and then confiscated, they would be happier to sit on this until the club is in a position to be sold at or at least around the price they paid for it. Inflation and future TV money rises would eventually make that happen.

I think what people are saying is that the club currently is valued nowhere near the cost of the stadium and the owner's total investment to date. If we are relegated, this already substantial gap widens massively..... so if he wants out, there is no prospect of the owner ever recouping that investment as things stand..... whereas, if his pal was still getting naming rights and if finance had been secured he could've got his cash back.

This could then mean that the stadium and club get split into separate saleable entities. Thus introducing the THEORETICAL POSSIBILITY that he could sell the stadium to LFC, if that was more lucrative for him. Reversing the historic process that took place in 1892.

Of course, LFC have spent quite a bit on Anfield and BMD is nowhere near big enough for them, but if the new stadium isn't owned by the club, we will always be beholden to the wishes of a third party who only have one other potential customer for their new facility.

We stay at GP or transfer blue seats to Anfield, offered as a sweetner...... haha.
All bonkers I know, but so is the whole financial model of this stadium the way things are looking.

I think what people are saying is that the club currently is valued nowhere near the cost of the stadium and the owner's total investment to date. If we are relegated, this already substantial gap widens massively..... so if he wants out, there is no prospect of the owner ever recouping that investment as things stand..... whereas, if his pal was still getting naming rights and if finance had been secured he could've got his cash back.

This could then mean that the stadium and club get split into separate saleable entities. Thus introducing the THEORETICAL POSSIBILITY that he could sell the stadium to LFC, if that was more lucrative for him. Reversing the historic process that took place in 1892.

Of course, LFC have spent quite a bit on Anfield and BMD is nowhere near big enough for them, but if the new stadium isn't owned by the club, we will always be beholden to the wishes of a third party who only have one other potential customer for their new facility.

We stay at GP or transfer blue seats to Anfield, offered as a sweetner...... haha.
All bonkers I know, but so is the whole financial model of this stadium the way things are looking.

If the stadium is sold to a 3rd party, am i correct in saying we are under no obligation to have to move to the new stadium and we could stay at Goodison as that hasn't been sold off/knocked down

If the stadium is sold to a 3rd party, am i correct in saying we are under no obligation to have to move to the new stadium and we could stay at Goodison as that hasn't been sold off/knocked down

If it was sold off tomorrow and there was no obligation built into that sale, then I suppose everyone is a free agent to do as they wish (I'm not sure how you'd sell the stadium on those terms). If the rent or other terms/conditions were in excess of our budget and Goodison still exists, then 1892 repeats itself. If a third party owns the stadium we could potentially have a new Houlding scenario, whereby once the initial rental term passes, we are hit with increased costs. All hypothetical of course, but none of this was part of the conversation when the project started, and represents quite a seismic shift.

If the stadium doesn’t belong to Everton football club. Then there really isn’t any point. Would be better to just stay at Goodison. The only bright light about Everton at present was this stadium and the hope of a better future but if the stadium is sold to a third party for Everton to rent from then there won’t be no bright future. I am at the point where I can’t even get excited about this because our future is so uncertain.

Would be worse if we sold our stadium to FSG and rented it off them, where our rent goes to buy them Jude Bellingham.

Back to the drone videos uploaded today, did anybody notice that the concrete terracing on the east stand now seems to be completed all the way down to the pitch? It looks like there is a concrete wall about maybe 10/12 foot high at the bottom. If I am right, it gives an indication how low down the concrete will go on the other 3 sides.
There’s definitely another level of terracing to be installed there check the black raker beams in the north stand that pitch level.

It's been widely stated that the monies Moshiri has spent on the stadium is in the form of a loan to the club, what does that mean in essence when Moshiri is the major shareholder and accepted owner of the club?

Does it mean any future buyer inherits that loan? If so it becomes easier to realise what the asking price would be for EFC in its entirity.

I think people need to stop with the sensationalist Liverpool move into our new stadium, it’s complete and utter nonsense.

Dyche’s objective, I have said it from the start, is to finish 17th. That’s it. We have picked up good points to Chelsea, Spurs, but failed to beat Fulham and Villa at home. We are probably now reliant on away games and lo and behold, Palace have a new manager and so do Leicester.

That’s all everyone should be focusing on right now. Not speaking about the stadium until the season is done with and we know where we are at. I’m convinced as soon as we survive there will be investment waiting.

I think people need to stop with the sensationalist Liverpool move into our new stadium, it’s complete and utter nonsense.

Dyche’s objective, I have said it from the start, is to finish 17th. That’s it. We have picked up good points to Chelsea, Spurs, but failed to beat Fulham and Villa at home. We are probably now reliant on away games and lo and behold, Palace have a new manager and so do Leicester.

That’s all everyone should be focusing on right now. Not speaking about the stadium until the season is done with and we know where we are at. I’m convinced as soon as we survive there will be investment waiting.
Yes, total and utter nonsense. Where does this tripe actually come from?