New Everton Stadium Discussion

Despite his many, many failings and complete lack of leadership, Moshiri has played an absolute blinder with the stadium.

Can't agree more. I was on the fence over the Kirkby move. I could see we needed a new stadium, but didn't really think the location was great.

The quality of the build never even entered my mind. tbh. Went to Wigan the other week though, and christ, that is one dull place to watch a game of football.

This is on a different level to anything we could have expected back in the DK days. Location's not bad either. ;)

Merseytravel was shafted by the then Labour Government if I recall. Given encouragement for the bids, initially allocated funding. Merseytravel then undertook some enabling works to combine with other works going on (to try to optimise on costs) only to have the Government pull the rug from underneath them. I was at an event in London when the late Glenda Jackson (then a transport minister) was in attendance and took the opportunity to speak to the Merseytravel DG who was also there - what he said would be unpublishable on a family site like this - suffice to say he was less enamoured by her performance in Government than in Elizabeth....
Yeah. Jackson did nothing for this part of the world regards public transport which, considering she is from Birkenhead, is a shame. Leeds got shafted over the trams even worse, as all their money went to Edinburgh because that's where Alistair Darling had his constituency.

I hate the Tories with a passion but anybody thinking we'll get a piece of the pie from a Labour government is in for a huge disappointment. As with last time, they'll be pumping public money into Manchester, not here.

Merseytravel was shafted by the then Labour Government if I recall. Given encouragement for the bids, initially allocated funding. Merseytravel then undertook some enabling works to combine with other works going on (to try to optimise on costs) only to have the Government pull the rug from underneath them. I was at an event in London when the late Glenda Jackson (then a transport minister) was in attendance and took the opportunity to speak to the Merseytravel DG who was also there - what he said would be unpublishable on a family site like this - suffice to say he was less enamoured by her performance in Government than in Elizabeth....

Tbf, the rug was pulled on multiple tram proposals. They were not a one size fits all solution and had been a bit of a mixed bag up to that point. We were the biggest design and construction contractors for most of the UK's rail/tram systems and were the main bidder for the Merseytram job.

We ended up pulling out because the outline design that we were working to was flawed. Can't remember the name of the company who had produced it, but believe they had little or no experience in tram system design. Coincidentally, I think LOR were favourites to take it on after us, but either didn't have the experience or were cut short by the Government decision.

That said, I think the "Lime Line" trackless tram proposals could be a far more viable and even better solution for Bramley Moore.