New Everton Stadium Discussion

At the end of the day the pub can look a mess but you care not one jot if the drinks are pleasant enough and the company is good. It's a throwback pub to an age long gone.
we've all been indoctrinated to think pubs should be antiseptic airport lounge type places rather than places you wipe your feet on the way out. Love a good old fashioned boozer

Coming up to Southport this weekend to see my old Man, doesn't happen enough to be honest and I feel it at times but he is a philosophical old bugger and says "you gotta live your life!" Bless him

Anyway Gonna take a trip up to BMD again with him to show him the Progress and present his "Everton Way" stone Certificate to him. If i can persuade him to go that is, he is old and struggles to find the motivation but he has a good network of grumpy old men and a beautiful 40 year old single lady who "look out" for him so they are setting the scene for me!

May see a few of you over there, weathers gonna be glorious and will post a few pics of me and the Old Bugger!

Looking forward as its been 3 months since last up to see it. Didnt bother before the Newcastle Game!

Anyway

UTFT

Coming up to Southport this weekend to see my old Man, doesn't happen enough to be honest and I feel it at times but he is a philosophical old bugger and says "you gotta live your life!" Bless him

Anyway Gonna take a trip up to BMD again with him to show him the Progress and present his "Everton Way" stone Certificate to him. If i can persuade him to go that is, he is old and struggles to find the motivation but he has a good network of grumpy old men and a beautiful 40 year old single lady who "look out" for him so they are setting the scene for me!

May see a few of you over there, weathers gonna be glorious and will post a few pics of me and the Old Bugger!

Looking forward as its been 3 months since last up to see it. Didnt bother before the Newcastle Game!

Anyway

UTFT
All the best to you and your old man!

I bought a stone with mine, my dad's and my kid's names on at Goodison, and even though he died in 2016, I've made sure he's on our new family stone at BMD, too.

It's his fault we're all now lumbered with Everton - I won't let that be forgotten!

All the best to you and your old man!

I bought a stone with mine, my dad's and my kid's names on at Goodison, and even though he died in 2016, I've made sure he's on our new family stone at BMD, too.

It's his fault we're all now lumbered with Everton - I won't let that be forgotten!
Lol, we "Owe" them so much.

They will all be a forever part of our future, lets hope we do them them all justice.

Will defo be buying a "family" one soon, will be nice to have that connection from our past to our future!

💙

There has been discussion about a name for the new stadium.

I think quite simply it should be called Goodison or New Goodison,
Will be interesting to see what sort of "colloquialisms" evolve over time. I always refer to Goodison as Goodison, always refer to the Gwladys Street as Gwladys, Main Stand as "kin high" lol etc but when with your mates etc I do wonder what it will be referred to when chatting? "off to the Dock" or "going down Bramley this arvo!" (sorry @davek )Im not sre any sponsor name will ever stick, do city or Arsenal fans use the brand name?

I would like a nod to Goodison 100% but as a fresh start not sure?

Such a difficult one as we have seen in the discussions had before.