New Everton Stadium Discussion

Stroll down every time I'm over to kill a bit of time before pints. We watched in awe as a group of Asian lads posed in new Everton tops in front of the gates, crossed the road changed into new Liverpool tops and got into the waiting taxis.
Strange actions for us but it's what shows the stadium raises our value as a commodity to the league.
Lived in Singapore for a few years, and witnessed this regularly. Guys who I met with Arsenal shirts, then turned up the following season in Man U shirts, then pretty soon after Citeh were monied up, resplendent in their City shirts. Happy to report the local Singapore Everton Supporters club were fully into the history of our club - and many said they felt that they felt at home. Quite a few have made a pilgrimage to Goodison.

IMG_5816.jpeg

….whilst the focus is on our beautiful new home, a reminder of this magnificent compilation from Steve Zocek (our own @alan ball ).

Steve has worked tirelessly to gather memories from those who have played at and visited Goodison over the years. It’s essential reading for all Evertonians. I’m taking mine on holiday but It’s a great present & essential reading for all Evertonians.

View attachment 213017

….whilst the focus is on our beautiful new home, a reminder of this magnificent compilation from Steve Zocek (our own @alan ball ).

Steve has worked tirelessly to gather memories from those who have played at and visited Goodison over the years. It’s essential reading for all Evertonians. I’m taking mine on holiday but It’s a great present & essential reading for all Evertonians.
Bought this for My Old Man last year, is a great read and anecdotes from so many who have graced our Beautiful Home, and some good pics, could have done with few more pics tho, if im being hyper-critical but well worth the purchase.

Visited today, and just got home.

Left Central station around 1-00pm, got to Sandhills around 1-06pm.

Turn left down Sandhills Lane, past the Skoda dealership down to the dock road.

Turn left past Sandon and Wellington docks, got to BM dock pub around 1-15pm.

The stadium build is looking amazing.

The BMD pub.

Needs TLC , but lovely friendly staff, and Guinness was £3-70 a pint, and not bad.

Met 2 fantastic Toffee's in there, Keith and Mark, and 5 hour drinking session ensued. :pint2: :pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2:

We discussed Everton, the American civil war, David Bowie, politics, and the demented RS.

A great day, but WRECKED!

The BMD pub.

Needs TLC , but lovely friendly staff, and Guinness was £3-70 a pint, and not bad.

Met 2 fantastic Toffee's in there, Keith and Mark, and 5 hour drinking session ensued. :pint2: :pint2::pint2::pint2::pint2:

We discussed Everton, the American civil war, David Bowie, politics, and the demented RS.

Delta back home?

The BMD pub.

Some very precise information there. Most helpful ;)