New Everton Stadium Discussion

View attachment 208913
Bill Wrong one did well today - what a substitute this is!

It was this fella that caught my eye.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 09.33.33.png

What a strong look he's crafted for himself there. Banging out a show tune on karaoke, too.

Sorry if I'm late and already discussed:
am I right in seeing that neither BK, DBB nor Sharp turned up for the stadium ceremony, but they are always there usually? Did someone put salt in their coffee at The Titanic Hotel and it's now in police hands?

Seriously though, this is significant isn't it that they usually love to be front and centre of good news but they werent.

On another note @moderators @GrandOldTeam - is there a way that you can pin posts or discussions, so that we don't recycle the same conversation - i.e. if a piece of news has been discussed to death, maybe you can pin or highlight certain conversations and people could come in late and get a summary of what happened. Just a suggestion

View attachment 208911Interesting line from the link… keyword being “in”, not before

Yeah they slipped that one in casually.

It could be April 2025 for all we know and it will probably be our fault for some reason.

Does anyone know"

1) do the designs allow for extensions to the capacity, when in 10 years we are pushing Champions League places :)
2) did we get an idea ever about the difference in corporate seating between BMD and Goodison. I hope that we are selling many more boxes and executive spaces than before, as we'll Get a lot of tourist tickets or visitors

It could be April 2025 for all we know and it will probably be our fault for some reason.

Does anyone know"

1) do the designs allow for extensions to the capacity, when in 10 years we are pushing Champions League places :)
2) did we get an idea ever about the difference in corporate seating between BMD and Goodison. I hope that we are selling many more boxes and executive spaces than before, as we'll Get a lot of tourist tickets or visitors

1. According to the architect's website, it has the potential to rise to 62,000 in the future, but I don't know how up to date their website blurb is, and whether than includes safe standing.
2. Without any research whatsoever, I can confidently say 'yes!' The main driver for building a new stadium will be for this exact reason, it's a huge money-spinner.

Sorry if I'm late and already discussed:
am I right in seeing that neither BK, DBB nor Sharp turned up for the stadium ceremony, but they are always there usually? Did someone put salt in their coffee at The Titanic Hotel and it's now in police hands?

Seriously though, this is significant isn't it that they usually love to be front and centre of good news but they werent.

On another note @moderators @GrandOldTeam - is there a way that you can pin posts or discussions, so that we don't recycle the same conversation - i.e. if a piece of news has been discussed to death, maybe you can pin or highlight certain conversations and people could come in late and get a summary of what happened. Just a suggestion

Maybe you could use the go to unread feature.

We rely on people reading mate.

Besides, there's no way a busy active forum on any platform prevents the same point being revisited or discussed several times. The best method for that is dedicated threads on subjects.

Does anyone know"

2 - We've already sold more corporate seating at BMD than we have at Goodison now. A further chunk is being sold on a game by game basis, something we currently have next to none.

Thats been the case since they announced the timeline. More relevant question is will they move in during the 24/25 season. Or will there still be work to do for Everton to get it ready for moving in at the start of the 25/26 season.

They won't be moving in mid-season, there will be work to do in terms of figuring out where people want to sit, selling available seats, and stress testing

The club have a handover date from LOR, and its not exactly going to make for great sendoff photos, lets put it that way

We'll move in the May. There will be concerts before the first football game, the money will be fine