New Everton Stadium Discussion

That isn’t the plan at the moment, I’m sure.

But the club will build a plan if it’s not going to be ready until the November, say.

Either way, we’ll know far in advance when the last match at Goodison will be. It won’t be the Wednesday before when we suddenly realise that.

The club have a handover date from LOR, and its not exactly going to make for great sendoff photos, lets put it that way

We'll move in the May. There will be concerts before the first football game, the money will be fine

The club have a handover date from LOR, and its not exactly going to make for great sendoff photos, lets put it that way

We'll move in the May. There will be concerts before the first football game, the money will be fine
I think there’s no way we leave a fully-functional new ground mothballed for 10 months. You’re free to disagree.

I know. I dont think the parallel is there at all.

However, I think there's merit in the argument that the north end stand shouldn't have that empty top section.

Is it because of the space on that side of the stadium? ?‍♂️
If I remember correctly it’s because the north end of the site is blocked in by the waste treatment site behind. So to have a continuous roof and for the general look of the stadium the seating couldn’t go any further back so it had to be lower. In the days of overhanging tiers it likely wouldn’t have been an issue but they are really done anymore.

If I remember correctly it’s because the north end of the site is blocked in by the waste treatment site behind. So to have a continuous roof and for the general look of the stadium the seating couldn’t go any further back so it had to be lower. In the days of overhanging tiers it likely wouldn’t have been an issue but they are really done anymore.
Wasn't a bigger stand in the first designs though?

The change coincided with the bellyaching from UNESCO / Historic England. ?‍♂️